Dec 13, 2023 - Worldwide Webb is hiring a remote Senior GameMaker Developer. 📍Location: UK.
Who We Are
Welcome to Webb Technology, the trailblazing gaming company building the Worldwide Webb, the MMO you wish you had growing up.
Embark on a dungeon crawler with raid bosses, compete in a 5v5 MOBA, or explore traditional MMO world quests, resource collection, and crafting. Our pixel art browser game invites players to shape an immersive world set in an alternate universe where AI emerges in the early '90s, blending retro-futuristic aesthetics with an AI-driven narrative.
Ready to redefine the gaming landscape with us? Join our visionary team at Worldwide Webb, and let's create an unparalleled virtual experience together.
We are a team of game enthusiasts, world builders, and design and development devotees with an indie spirit - including ex-Blizzard, Jagex and Epic Games talent. We're staunch advocates for games that prioritise fun, excitement, and outstanding design. Together, we're raising the bar by developing captivating games that truly engage players.
You hold the power to shape the very core of our game, unleashing intense gameplay mechanics and crafting heart-pounding experiences. Your mission will be to harness your creativity and technical prowess to translate our wildest ideas into awe-inspiring virtual worlds. Working closely with our team, you'll be the architect of gaming thrills that'll keep even the most hardcore gamers on the edge of their seats.
- Build gameplay mechanics, systems, and features using the mighty GameMaker Studio.
- Collaborate with our team to fine-tune game mechanics.
- Ensure clean and efficient lines of code that power gameplay elements.
- Respond to bug reports and investigate/resolve bugs
- Elevate our creative sessions with your ideas and innovation
- You're a master of GameMaker Studio, with a strong command over GML.
- A deep understanding of the very essence of gaming: the mechanics, the thrills, and the raw emotions that grip indie gamers.
- The ability to thrive both as a solitary force and a valued member of our elite squad.
- You're a problem-solving virtuoso, leaving no bug or flaw unscathed.
- Working with best-in-class design enthusiasts, pixel art aficionados, nostalgic gamers, world builders, anti-conformists, vaporwave fanatics, video game historians, lore masters, speed runners, easter egg hunters, modders, code wizards, database gurus, and hackers.
- Work from anywhere (100% remote)
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and perks