Dec 16, 2023 - Save My Exams is hiring a remote Head of Product. 📍Location: UK.
Save My Exams is a rapidly growing EdTech business on the lookout for an ambitious Head of Product.
Reaching up to 2m monthly active users and on our way to 100,000 paying members, all while being bootstrapped, we’re looking for an experienced Head of Product to join our Leadership Team (reporting to the COO) and take our customer experience to the next level.
We like to think we are the most exciting tech company in Europe you’ve never heard of, and this role is a unique opportunity to join a profitable EdTech business at a key inflection point.
So, if you’re interested in rapid, product-led, customer-obsessed growth, and the chance to disrupt a $7tn+ market by improving the lives of millions of students every year, then read on.
Check out our Trustpilot!
To love and succeed in this role, you’ll:
- Be passionate about education and the role technology can play in helping students achieve their goals
- Be customer and commercially obsessed, taking a structured yet innovative approach to solving students problems to drive business outcomes
- Be outcome oriented, motivated by accountability, and comfortable leading broad, cross-company initiatives
- Motivated by leading a team to execute on ambitious goals, constantly looking for ways to raise the bar in your team, across the business, and push for more
- Be a strong communicator, collaborator, and logical thinker
- Have a growth mindset, with an eagerness to learn new things and develop
Over the next 12 months, you’ll:
- Work with the Leadership Team and wider business to develop and execute on a compelling Product Strategy & Vision that supports the company's long-term goals
- Lead the charge on answering key questions in relation to our web & mobile strategy, personalisation, AI, online & offline experiences, user-generated content etc
- Own and deliver on an ambitious, outcome-oriented product roadmap
- Hire, manage, and develop a high performing team of A-players across Product Management, Design, and Customer Support, who are customer and data-obsessed
- Engender a culture of deep accountability, calculated risk-taking, and experimentation to drive step-changes in customer value
- Able and willing to get hands-on, whilst creating the space to think longer-term and lead the team to making big bets
- Ensure close collaboration between the Product Org and other functions to ensure we’re delivering a the best-possible customer experience as effectively as possible
Here’s an overview of our hiring process, so that you know what to expect. We aim for a fast and straight-forward process.
- Initial phone screen with Constance (our COO)
- Short presentation with Constance, Joe (our CTO), and someone from our product team
- Interview with David (our VP Growth) and Jamie (our Founder, CEO)
- Meet the team - a chance to meet more of our product team
- Experience as a senior product person in a product-led, B2C subscription business (EdTech preferable)
- Experience building a product vision and strategy from scratch
- Experience managing multiple high-performing product teams, including helping them set ambitious targets and ruthlessly prioritise
- Demonstrable track-record of achieving ambitious goals that drive business outcomes
- Strong analytical & communication skills
- Previous Leadership Team experience
- Experience leading a Product Design function
- Experience managing small (or large) Customer Support teams
Working for a fast-growing, bootstrapped education company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice.
Our positions are challenging but also come with amazing advantages and opportunities.
Here’s what we offer:
- Competitive annual salary
- Annual profit share bonus
- Share options grant
- 28 days paid vacation (plus UK bank holidays)
- Paid sabbatical - 28 days paid leave for every 3 years you work with SME (in addition to your annual holiday allowance)
- £500 annual Learning & Development budget
- Pension contribution
- Equipment budget for equipment you might need to do your job brilliantly
- Remote working: work from home or wherever you want, including our London co-working space in Old Street. As a Leadership Team member we would expect you to come into the office a couple of times per month.
- Outcome (not output) culture: we don’t expect (or want) you to spend every waking hour at work. We’re outcome (not output) oriented and want you to be able to operate at your peak for the long term.
- A friendly, positive, and inclusive team culture – we are driven to work hard but we also have fun, with biannual Company Get Togethers, weekly Zoom fitness classes, and whole company coffee coolers
- Most importantly – a real opportunity to positively influence millions of students with the products you create