Dec 15, 2023 - Trilateralresearch is hiring a remote Senior Research Analyst. 📍Location: Ireland.
Trilateral Research have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Research Analyst to join TRI’s Innovation & Research team and work with us in the domain of climate, energy and environment as part of the EU funded REAL-DEAL project and to lead and/or contribute to research business development activities.
Our company and what we do
At Trilateral Research, we provide ethical AI solutions for tackling complex social issues, from human trafficking and child exploitation, citizen security in crisis to pollution and climate change. We transform research into innovation and sustainable impact, focusing our efforts where we can enhance societal wellbeing.
We apply rigorous, cutting-edge research when developing and accessing new technologies to ensure they achieve sustainable innovation and measurable impact. Our teams include humanities specialists, social scientists, data scientists, ethical, legal and human rights experts who work across the technology-social disciplinary divide.
What are your responsibilities?
- Lead and execute work in the EU funded REAL- DEAL project that is developing innovative tools and formats for deliberative processes around the European Green Deal. This will include leading research in the following areas:
- Testing and validating innovative formats and tools for citizens’ deliberation.
- Developing a protocol for designing a pan-European citizens’ participation and deliberation campaign for the European Green Deal .
- Ethics and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance aspects at stake in deliberative processes.
- Deliver project work in the project (including research, reports, other outputs) in direct communication with the external project coordinator, leads, team members, manager and/or clients, resolve and escalate any issues.
- Project risk management.
- Manage project ethics advisory board.
- Represent Trilateral at project meetings and external events.
- Independently lead and/or contribute to funding applications, grow, and share knowledge of funding schemes and application processes.
- Maintain and grow thought leadership, through publication, funding and interdisciplinary outputs, climate and participatory approaches subject matter expertise, research-driven innovation for Trilateral.
- Support the delivery of Trilateral's commercial research requests.
- Deliver impact requirements & represent the research project(s) externally in line with Trilateral, Climate, Energy & Environment cluster and project goals.
- Mentor and coordinate the work of Trilateral project team members.
Skills and experience you will bring to the role:
- Ability to work independently
- Strong organisation and planning skills
- Strong and established verbal and written communication and presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate across and outside the organisation
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong relationship-building and influencing skills
- Shared values such as:
- Commitment to Excellence
- Knowledge sharing
Professional knowledge and technical skills
- Good/reasonable understanding of environmental law, climate change, energy landscape
- Knowledge of data protection law & practice
- Excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge/Experience in developing research proposals, funding relationships and/or tenders
- Experience managing and/or working in multi-partner projects and working as part of inter-disciplinary teams
- Proven experience in client management
Required education and experience
- Post-doctoral experience in legal analysis and/or PhD; alternately Masters’ Degree in Social Sciences and Humanities with 3+ years research experience: preference will be given to candidates with backgrounds in law (focus on data protection and/or human rights), environmental law
- Experience in coordinating or leading work in one or more research projects
- Proven track record building relationships with internal and external clients
- Experience in carrying out systematic literature reviews
What else do I need to know?
Our compensation package includes:
- Competitive salary
- Enhanced holiday entitlement increasing with service
- Company sick pay and family friendly pay
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working/working from home options
- Enhanced pension scheme based on service
- Continuous career development
Location: This position is open to candidates based in Ireland.
Contract type: 12-months fixed-term maternity leave cover. For IE candidates, full time employment contract.
Start date: Immediate
Salary: Commensurate with experience
How to apply
Please submit both your CV and a cover letter, linking your experience to our requirements in order to have your application considered. References will be required prior to appointment and candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of their age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are a Disability Confident committed and Living Wage employer.
At Trilateral Research, we value privacy and data protection rights. We have a longstanding data protection culture and promote robust ethical standards in data management and research ethics. Please read our Recruitment Privacy Notice in relation to our recruitment activities before submitting your application to work with us.