Dec 17, 2023 - Clockwise is hiring a remote Senior Product Manager. 📍Location: USA.
Clockwise is AI scheduling and calendar automation that coordinates the way you, your team, and your company prefer to work.
Every day, based on the preferences you set, Clockwise tests out millions of potential calendar arrangements across your company to determine what choices best balance time to meet, time for deep work, and whatever else you need. The result is a schedule that reacts dynamically to changing calendars to ensure your work day works for you, and a superhuman ability to schedule the impossible. It’s like an executive assistant for your entire team.
Time is a company’s greatest shared resource. Less time spent on calendar management means more time for fostering creativity, exploring new ideas, and driving innovation. Clockwise helps teams make time for the things that matter most and share their time with each other wisely. And with real-time analytics and team-level calendar preferences, companies get insight into bandwidth and mutual availability to maximize productivity and enhance meeting culture. The result? Healthier work-life integration, less burnout, and faster achievement on goals.
We can’t fix our schedules on our own. But we can build the solution together. Join us, and let’s rework the workday.
We're proud to have the backing of Coatue, Accel Partners, Greylock Partners, Bain Capital Ventures and other preeminent investors. Our team has decades of experience from places like Twitter, Asana, Salesforce, Dropbox, Meta, Stripe and Google. Join us to help the world make time for what matters.
Clockwise is looking for a senior or staff level product manager who’s excited about our mission of helping the world make time for what matters, and our vision of giving every knowledge worker a schedule they love. This is a unique opportunity to join a best-in-class team, work on an innovative product that is changing the way people interact with their calendars, and drive a wide range of projects that significantly impact our users and the business.
What you'll do
At Clockwise, we continually strive to build empowered product teams that have clear ownership of subsets of our product and the ability to focus deeply on those areas while they’re working on them. This stems from a belief that the best work emerges from people who are living and breathing the problems they’re solving on a daily basis, not from execs helicoptering in. This role will work closely with their product designer and engineering manager counterparts to lead a squad to deliver important workstreams. As a fast-paced startup with an ambitious vision and roadmap, we keep our teams fluid and adaptable over time - so, rather than being limited to just one area, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to different parts of the product & business (e.g. calendar automation, AI scheduling, scheduling engine, growth & monetization, enterprise use cases, design system, information architecture, and more). More specifically, you will…
- Report directly to the VP Product & Design, joining a team of two other product managers and three product designers
- Become a first-hand expert in Clockwise’s customers and their jobs to be done, including conducting user research studies and participating in sales demos
- Help develop and refine Clockwise’s product vision & strategy
- Be responsible for the product strategy, roadmap, and the outcomes of your domain(s), taking into account customer and market expertise
- Make data-driven prioritization & definition decisions; proactively identify and act on meaningful trends in our data
- Partner closely with your Engineering Manager and Product Designer to set and meet aggressive commitments that push the product and company forward.
- Ship quickly and continuously
- Partner cross-functionally to ensure successful product launches
- Help build PM tools and processes that improve the caliber and speed of product development across squads
- Help recruit, evaluate, and hire new teammates
- You have ~10 years of digital product management experience, preferably in the B2C or B2B space
- You have a strong record of delivering impact on company-level strategic goals, defining new products, and handling ambiguity
- You expertly apply product discovery and optimization techniques
- You’re very comfortable digging into qualitative and quantitative data
- You have a demonstrated drive to ship early and often
- You excel at building strong partnerships with engineering and design counterparts, as well as cross-functional stakeholders
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
The perfect candidate
- You geek out on productivity tools and software that is redefining the future of work
- You have experience on a product team at an early-stage SaaS startup
- You have experience designing calendar or calendar-adjacent experiences
- You have experience building AI products
Clockwise is committed to a work experience that exemplifies our values-driven culture and this starts with empathy for everyone who joins our team. To this end, Clockwise offers both fully-distributed and flexible in-office options for new employees.
Fully Distributed: Clockwise has adopted remote-first rituals and technology for all employees in order to create an excellent employee experience for those who opt to work fully-distributed. This extends not only to a stipend for your home office, but through all our company rituals, including a commitment to get together, in person, on a regular cadence. Please note that we’re open to employees located anywhere in the domestic United States.
Co-working Space: For those who wish to have a physical office, we offer a flexible option to work from WeWork’s nationwide co-working spaces.
Clockwise employs pay transparency as one of several systems to ensure pay fairness and employee retention. Below is the approved base salary range for this position. It does not include total compensation factors like benefits, health insurance, and the value of Clockwise equity.
Salary range: $186,000 - $212,000
The final salary offered to a candidate may be higher or lower dependent upon several factors including, but not limited to, market rate, the qualified pool of candidates, internal compensation, candidate experience, interview performance, references, and budgetary constraints.
What we offer (non-exhaustive)
- Competitive total compensation package with generous equity
- Premium medical, dental and vision plans
- 401(k) plan
- Wellness stipend
- Virtual happy hours & events
- Generous, flexible vacation policy
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
In the Press
What drives Clockwise
Empathy - we work to fully understand our customers and teammates, especially when we disagree
Authenticity - we speak openly and candidly while embracing our teammates’ individuality
Focus - we spend our time deliberately and don’t wait to do the things that matter
Drive - we relentlessly pursue success and aren't afraid to get outside our comfort zone
Curiosity - we seek out opportunities to learn and continuously question how we can improve
Enthusiasm - we love what we do and are excited to share it with the world
Clockwise is looking to build a diverse team of individuals that share our core values. If these values resonate with you, please apply below or email us at email@example.com.