Dec 16, 2023 - Blue Orange Digital is hiring a remote Middle-Market Business Development Executive. 📍Location: USA.
We seek an experienced business development executive to focus on middle-market accounts. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in professional services or consulting, as well as knowledge of machine learning, data science, and AI capabilities. The position requires creating and implementing sales strategies for industry, account, and needs-based sales motions.
The role suits a hunter business development professional with a passion for generating new leads and converting prospects into clients through cold outreach, networking, and relationship building. The ideal candidate should be self-motivated, results-driven, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and be skilled at establishing trust with new contacts.
- Develop and execute strategic action plans to target middle-market accounts, with a focus on driving revenue growth through net-new client engagements.
- Actively participate in lead generation activities such as networking, industry events, conference attendance, meetups, partnerships with other organizations, and general business development efforts.
- Prospect and qualify potential clients, identifying key decision-makers and understanding their business needs and challenges.
- Effectively engage delivery teams in scoping discussions to bring the appropriate knowledge and skill set in order to develop appropriate solutions that fit the prospect's needs.
- Develop and present proposals and solutions that effectively address client needs, leveraging our data science, machine learning, and AI capabilities and that effectively communicate the value proposition of our products and services.
- Collaborate with internal teams, including marketing, program management, and engineering to develop and execute customized solutions for clients.
- Work with internal cloud consultants, solutions architects, and engineers to ensure that projects have the resources and progress necessary to deliver world-class service levels.
- Deliver against sales targets in a rapidly moving environment.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of our products and services, as well as the needs and challenges of our clients and potential clients.
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and emerging technologies, including machine learning, data science, and AI, and provide thought leadership and guidance to clients.
- Act as the cloud services and technology evangelist, envisioning and inspiring clients throughout their journey.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in business, computer science, or a related field.
- At least 7-10 years of professional services or consulting experience, with a focus on business development or sales.
- At least 5 years of quota-carrying technology sales or business development experience and negotiation of complex contracts.
- At least 5 years of experience with identifying, developing, and closing technology projects with middle-market accounts or creating and implementing transformational account strategies in a customer-facing role.
- Experience with pre-call planning and research to learn about a prospect's business, operations, needs, pain points, and critical initiatives.
- Experience responding to requests for information and requests for proposals.
- Experience with industry, account, and needs-based sales or business development motions.
- Knowledge of data science, machine learning, and AI capabilities, with the ability to effectively communicate the value of these technologies to potential clients.
- Experience developing long-lasting middle-market client and internal relationships by identifying, uncovering, and solving technology client pain points.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively articulate complex concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent organizational, time management, writing, communication, decision-making, and presentation skills.
- Hunter mentality, results-driven, and growth mindset.
- Willing to travel up to 25%, as required to support sales activities.
- Experience with CRMs such as HubSpot or Salesforce, sales automation tools, Zoom Info, Confluence, Asana, and others.
- Track record of developing and executing successful business development strategies, with a focus on middle-market accounts.
- Ability to build strong client relationships.
- Highly personable with a strong ability to deliver to executive decision-makers.
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively with internal teams.
You will be a driving force behind Blue Orange's future growth and we believe in rewarding our sales team accordingly. We do so with competitive base salaries and robust benefits.
Our Benefits Include:
- 401k matching
- 100% remote role with an option for hybrid
- Healthcare, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Bonuses for hitting activity and sales thresholds
- Cell phone/internet reimbursement
Salary: $120-150k (50/50 split w/ commission = $240-300k OTE)
Blue Orange Digital is an equal opportunity employer.
Background checks may be required for certain positions/projects.