Dec 17, 2023 - BenchSci is hiring a remote Chief of Staff, Platform. 📍Location: Canada.
We are looking for a Chief of Staff to join our Platform Stream (Engineering, Product, Science, Platform Operations, Discovery). You will be reporting directly to the Chief Platform Officer to drive impact on our operational excellence and collaborate on strategic matters.
- Work closely with the CPO on critical issues; act as a thought partner and drive strategic decisions forward, ensuring alignment with key stakeholders
- Act as a communication arm for the CPO, creating and managing regular Platform stream updates, board reports, presentations, emails, and internal blog posts
- Own and optimize the Platform stream communication strategy to ensure all Platform stream members have the information and context they need. Identify communication silos and redundancies, and work to break them down and improve our overall communication strategy.
- Facilitate senior leadership team meetings, preparing all pre-work (agenda, pre-reads, etc.), and following up on action items to ensure forward movement
- Lead the planning and execution of our quarterly Platform Leadership Onsites to drive alignment and clarify stream priorities
- Own the strategy and execution for how we bring together groups of Platform Stream team members (300+ people) throughout the year to foster connectivity, build trust, and work through complex problems and initiatives
- Own the budgeting and strategic planning process within the platform stream, engaging with Platform leadership and key stakeholders from Finance, Culture, GTM, and the office of the CEO to ensure alignment
- Manage cross-functional strategic projects that are urgent and important, monitoring their status, removing blockers, and pushing forward progress
- Manage the CPO’s Executive Assistant (a contract resource), enabling them to provide operational support on various projects and scheduling
- Keep a pulse on Platform Stream culture and appropriately acknowledge successes and concerns to ensure the CPO properly addresses them
- Build and maintain credibility throughout the Platform Stream as a strategic advisor and team player
- 3+ years experience as an associate or consultant working for a consulting firm (i.e. BCG, McKinsey, Deloitte).
- A proven ability to exercise sound and independent judgment in a variety of different situations
- A proven track record in quickly ramping up on a complex new domain
- Top-notch verbal, written, and presentation communication, project management, and organizational skills
- Ability to sift through the noise, get to the heart of problems, identify optimization opportunities
- A high degree of professionalism, empathy, and attention to detail
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, be self-driven, multitask, and manage dynamically changing, competing priorities and deadlines
- Strategic thinker with the ability to see the big picture, while also jumping into the weeds to move projects forward
- Proven ability to build relationships at all levels within an organization, from entry-level to C-Suite
- Can conduct root cause analysis, backed up with qualitative and quantitative data, generate solutions, gain relevant stakeholder buy-in, implement and iterate
- A growth mindset and a willingness to learn and adapt within an ever-evolving hypergrowth company
Nice to Have:
- Experience working at a startup
- Educational background or work experience in a life sciences-related discipline
Benefits and Perks:
An engaging remote-first culture
A great compensation package that includes BenchSci equity options
A robust vacation policy plus an additional vacation day every year
Company closures for 14 more days throughout the year
Flex time for sick days, personal days, and religious holidays
Comprehensive health and dental benefits.
Annual learning & development budget
A one-time home office set-up budget to use upon joining BenchSci
An annual lifestyle spending account allowance
Generous parental leave benefits with a top-up plan or paid time off options
BenchSci's mission is to exponentially increase the speed and quality of life-saving research and development. We empower scientists to run more successful experiments with the world's most advanced, biomedical artificial intelligence software platform.
Backed by Generation Investment Management, TCV, Inovia, F-Prime, Golden Ventures, and Google's AI fund, Gradient Ventures, we provide an indispensable tool for scientists that accelerates research at 16 top 20 pharmaceutical companies and over 4,300 leading academic centers. We're a certified Great Place to Work®, and top-ranked company on Glassdoor.
BenchSci relentlessly builds on its strong foundation of culture. We put team members first, knowing that they're the organization's beating heart. We invest as much in our people as our products. Our culture fosters transparency, collaboration, and continuous learning.
We value each other's differences and always look for opportunities to embed equity into the fabric of our work. We foster diversity, autonomy, and personal growth, and provide resources to support motivated self-leaders in continuous improvement.
You will work with high-impact, highly skilled, and intelligent experts motivated to drive impact and fulfill a meaningful mission. We empower you to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and thrive. Here you will be challenged to stretch yourself to achieve the seemingly impossible. Learn more about our culture
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
We're committed to creating an inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. We believe that improving diversity, equity and inclusion is our collective responsibility, and this belief guides our DEI journey. Learn more about our DEI initiatives
Should you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org