Dec 21, 2023 - Regrow Ag is hiring a remote Data Science Manager. 📍Location: USA.
Data Science Manager
Who We Are
We are a climate tech company committed to reversing climate change. How do we reach this lofty goal? By ushering the agriculture industry into the new era!
Founded by globally recognized innovators in science and ag technology, Regrow is unlocking the power and profitability of resilient agriculture across the supply chain — supporting industry leaders, from growers to global food brands. Regrow combines best-in-class agronomy, soil and carbon modeling, remote sensing and AI to deliver customized, site-specific, scalable solutions to the agri-food industry.
Our customers are frontrunners in agri-food and agtech (Cargill, General Mills, Nutrien, Unilever), ranging from global market operators, project developers, global food brands, and independent farmers. We help partners measure their impact on the environment, model and implement changes that will be environmentally and financially sustainable, and track partners’ progress against sustainability goals.
We're backed by leading investors, such as Galvanize Climate Solutions, Microsoft's Venture Fund, Cargill, The Grantham Environmental Trust (NCO), TIME Ventures, Main Sequence Ventures (MSEQ), and more, all of whom believe in our vision to change the world through resilient agriculture.
Agriculture has the power to reverse climate change. We believe science and technology can help us get there.
Our goal is to use farmland to cool the earth.
We are currently monitoring 1.2B acres of land (10% of global arable land). This year alone, with just one project, our carbon emissions reductions are equivalent to taking 17,000 cars off the road! We are already on our way to a more sustainable planet.
Growth You’ll Foster
As a Data Science Manager at Regrow, you will support and guide a growing team of remote sensing scientists and machine learning engineers as they create the data products behind our sustainable supply chain and MRV product offerings. Regrow uses a range of tools to identify regenerative agricultural practices globally, you will be working with the team as they develop production ready models for a range of agronomic activities and use cases. The data products connect directly to our end users, allowing growers and the companies that depend on them to build more sustainable supply chains.
What you will do:
- Oversee the creation and operational implementation of protocols for crop type, agricultural practice, and land use change ground truth data collection.
- Manage the roadmap and development of data validation and accuracy review frameworks for machine learning data products.
- Oversee, mentor, and inspire a diverse team of scientists and engineers with a high degree of empathy and emotional intelligence.
- Grow the team to support the needs of the broader business over time.
- Assist with and coordinate the planning, design, and execution of all project deliverables across multiple simultaneous workstreams in support of programs reliant on remote sensing and data science.
- Advanced degree or equivalent experience in Earth Science, Remote Sensing, Computer Science, Statistics, or a related field.
- 2+ years of experience in a technical or scientific leadership role managing, mentoring, and providing technical project management guidance to other tech team members.
- Exceptional skill and knowledge of Python (or other scientific programming languages).
- Excellent English language communication and interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to build strong, productive relationships and teams.
Desirable Skills: (bonus if you have them):
- Experience managing a data driven, customer facing product or service
- Familiarity with Google Earth Engine or other cloud-based satellite imagery analysis environment
- Familiarity with Google Cloud tools (e.g., Google Cloud Storage, BigQuery) and Atlassian tools (e.g., Jira, Confluence)
Envision Yourself Here
Does this sound like your dream job? If so, go ahead and apply for the position and we’ll be in touch. We appreciate your interest in Regrow.
While it may go without saying once you see the diversity on our current team, we encourage diversity on our team at all levels of the company. We are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive environment and to encourage these values in everyone on our team. We provide an environment of mutual respect where opportunities are available without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion for people from all walks of life is key to our success as a company.