Dec 27, 2023 - Mozilla is hiring a remote Director of Product, Privacy & Platform. 📍Location: USA.
Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks.
About this team and role:
Firefox is used by hundreds of millions worldwide and the Director of Product, Privacy & Platform is a critical role in the product management team. The role will lead a team of PMs and managers, and be responsible for the product strategy, vision, and execution of our investments in creating a dependable and trusted browser. In the role, you’ll combine product excellence, strong technical skills, and strong leadership skills.
What you'll do:
- Own and define the vision, strategy, and roadmap for our privacy, security and platform investments
- Define the product strategy for our Gecko platform, as an independent browser engine
- Define the ecosystem strategy for Firefox add-ons
- Drive delivery of the privacy, security, and platform roadmaps
- Partner closely with UX, research, engineering, and marketing teams
- Synthesize market changes and the technology/people/skills investments needed to deliver great experiences
- Help identify new investment areas and product opportunities
- Contribute to building a world-class product team
What you'll bring:
- 10+ years of product management experience, including impactful leadership roles on major products
- 5+ years of direct PM management experience
- Experience working on a technical platform product
- Skill and experience driving partner engagements and discussions
- Experience delivering AI-driven consumer facing features
- Drive independently at high velocity towards an aligned strategy
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Don’t tick all of the boxes but think you’d be a great fit? Apply, we’d love to hear from you!
What you’ll get:
- Generous performance-based bonus plans to all eligible employees - we share in our success as one team
- Rich medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Generous retirement contributions with 100% immediate vesting (regardless of whether you contribute)
- Quarterly all-company wellness days where everyone takes a pause together
- Country specific holidays plus a day off for your birthday
- One-time home office stipend
- Annual professional development budget
- Quarterly well-being stipend
- Considerable paid parental leave
- Employee referral bonus program
- Other benefits (life/AD&D, disability, EAP, etc. - varies by country)
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R2329
To learn more about our Hiring Range System, please click this link.
US Tier 1 Locations
US Tier 2 Locations
US Tier 3 Locations