Dec 29, 2023 - FRVR is hiring a remote Senior UI/UX Designer (Platform). 📍Location: Portugal.
FRVR is a growth stage games platform and publishing company building an expansive, cross-channel ecosystem that connects billions through amazing games instantly. FRVR’s proprietary technology and global reach represent a sea change for players and game developers. By democratising game distribution & discovery, eliminating downloads, and providing game makers of any size with robust development and live game operating tools, FRVR reduces cost and eliminates friction for creators while connecting them with billions of players worldwide.
Founded & led by seasoned entrepreneurs and game-makers and backed by leading investors, FRVR has seen explosive growth. FRVR games have been downloaded 2 billion times. Through partnerships with companies including Facebook, Samsung, Snap, and TikTok, the company currently supports a growing player base of 2 million daily active players across an ever-expanding portfolio of games.
FRVR seeks passionate game-makers, technologists, data ninjas, product, and business leaders at all levels to join an incredible team and empower creators to serve their players better anywhere, on any device.
As a UI designer with great UX understanding, you will collaborate across teams to develop User/Player experiences and visual designs, which ultimately will shape the FRVR experiences of the future and bring fun to millions of users worldwide. You will play a central role in influencing the development of games, and user interaction across FRVR, as well as grow and develop the design guidelines.
Reporting to the VP of product, the UI/UX Designer aim to enhance player engagement across the game catalogue, delivering the best experiences for every player.
Challenges & Responsibilities:
- Develop and grow flexible UI design guidelines for player-facing experiences in the FRVR platform.
- Developing global platform user experiences that will get deployed across games e.g. store, tournaments, and saga map progression, together with the rest of the development team.
- Work with concept designers to collect and analyse insights and translate them into strong UI flows.
- Bridge strategy with design solutions.
- Bring ideas to life – LowFi prototyping e.g., mock-ups, videos, sketches, etc.
- You will create design and user experience guidelines across channels e.g., App Store, Facebook, Snapchat, etc.
- You will bring a systematic approach to the development of the user experience across FRVR.
- Design new features from ideas and mockups to wireframes and flows.
- Deliver pixel-perfect designs to developers.
- You will work closely with developers, art directors, and graphic designers to bring the concepts and features to life.
- You will sharpen your designs based on game analytics.
We are looking for someone with:
- A positive, critical, systematic and super-creative mindset
- Strong visualisation skills that are used to bring your ideas to life in sketches, presentations, mock-ups, videos, etc
- A passion for games, both in playing them as well as making them.
- Courage to charge ahead with different design solutions and iterate on the ones which don’t work.
- A collaborative mindset
If you also have these experiences, it will be a bonus:
- 4+ years of experience working with UI/UX design preferably within gaming.
- Experience working in Figma (You should be proficient in crafting polished UI designs ready for handover to developers)
- A degree in design – industrial design, service design, interaction design, Game design.
- A passion for games and game development
- Being familiar with AI development tools such as ChatGPT/OpenAI/MidJourney
What else you should know (Perks):
- Permanent work contract 📝
- 30 vacation days ☀️ 🏝
- Workplace Allowance of 250€ (1-time payment) 📎
- Personal Training Budget of 600€ per year 🎓
- Remote working setup 👩💻
- You will be a part of a fun & playful working culture 🏀
- After 3 years with FRVR, you can take your own Mini-Sabbatical: 1 extra month vacation + 2500€ budget 🧳✈️