Dec 29, 2023 - Noze is hiring a remote Senior/Intermediate Software Developer. 📍Location: Canada.
Noze has digitized the sense of smell. We've done for the nose what the camera did for the eyes and the microphone did for the ears. It took six years and some help from NASA, but we did it. Now it's time for us to bring it to the world.
If you enjoy being part of a team that tackles a range of technical challenges across areas such as machine learning, data engineering, cloud services, scalability, performance optimization, real-time systems, building world-class APIs and automation then this could be the place where you can utilize your experience to have direct impact on the growth and development of our product.
People who succeed at Noze have a sense of urgency, a ton of initiative, infinite curiosity, a strong internal drive, and an enthusiasm for bleeding-edge tech. If you're bursting with fresh ideas and want to join a company in its journey to change the status quo, then this opportunity is for you!
What you will do:
- Help develop new APIs, UIs, and database schema for high-volume traffic while maintaining our existing ones
- Work collaboratively within the IOT team through code reviews, brainstorming, and documentation
- Communicate and align clearly and frequently with members of other teams (Sensor, Product, AI, and Data) with different technical backgrounds
- Commit to frequently delivering continuous improvements to our cloud architecture
- Subscribe to AGILE methodology in your team to keep up with a fast-paced startup environment
What you need:
- A Bachelor's degree in software or computer science engineering, or a related discipline with at least 4 years of experience
- Experienced in Frontend/Backend development
- Strong knowledge in ReactJs, NodeJs (NestJs/Express)
- Experienced with SQL/NoSQL databases: Redis, MySQL, Postgres, Cassandra, MongoDB, etc.
- Experience in Git version control
- Familiar with the following technologies: Docker, Serverless, Cloud Functions, and Kubernetes.
- Proficiency with Python is a plus
- Able to implement and enforce engineering best practices: Software design and architecture, code quality, design patterns, unit tests, integration tests, etc.
- Able to work independently, mentor team members, contribute to overall architecture, and lead technology forward.
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills and Good communication skills
We prefer candidates who are resident in Canada and could work within the EST time zone.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional growth
- A competitive compensation and benefits package including employer-paid health and dental benefits for regular, full-time employees
- A generous learning and development budget to attend conferences, classes, and other events
- A bunch of other perks that involve food, fun, and travel