Jan 01, 2024 - Cognigy is hiring a remote Senior Backend Engineer (Voice). 📍Location: Germany.
Cognigy is revolutionizing the customer service industry by harnessing the most cutting-edge AI technology on the market. Its award-winning solution Cognigy.AI, empowers businesses to deliver exceptional service that is instant, personalized, in any language and on any channel. Cognigy is shaping the future of customer service, creating AI Agents by perfectly combining Generative and Conversational AI to increase customer satisfaction and actively support employees in real-time.
Our skilled #CognigyCrew are the people behind our cutting-edge technology and we are now looking for more talented people to join our global team.
Why you’ll love working at Cognigy: our promise to you
We empower our people to be successful as part of a diverse, passionate and respectful team who are proud to be leading the automation of conversations to make life easier for everyone.
We do this by challenging each other to succeed and being enabled to do our best work. Encouraging and supporting growth is at the heart of our success, founded on a culture of mutual respect and trust – always! It’s no wonder that the values that inspire and drive our #CognigyCrew are our 4Ts:
Team, Trust, Transparency, Technology.
Your new role
You will be welcomed into our engineering department, which is divided into cross-functional, verticalized development teams, who are focused on delivering continuous improvements, features and developing new products. To support the delivery process and stability of our products, we can also count on our Product Support team, QA team, and SRE team who, alongside our Product and People team, Director/Architect and VP Engineering, are constantly looking to overcome new challenges, to innovate, and to ensure the success of our products and satisfaction of our customers.
- Develop and deliver software solutions that meet customer needs quickly and efficiently
- Creating high-quality code with a well-structured and maintainable design
- Keep our codebase tested and secure
- Profiling and benchmarking our codebase to identify bottlenecks
- Ensure operational excellence through monitoring, logging, and e2e testing
- Providing guidance to other developers and act as a mentor
- Several years of experience in backend software development
- Experience with containers and debugging containerized microservices
- Experience in using and working in a Linux-based environment
- Experience with Node.JS/Typescript
- Familiar with MongoDB or a similar NoSQL database. Experience with SQL is also appreciated
- Experience with writing well-tested and high-quality code
- Experience in real-time audio processing
- Experience in network tracing and low-level debugging
- Open to various programming languages and willing to learn continuously
- Good communication skills and the ability to present new concepts to our management
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
Sounds like you? Come and join us!
Life at Cognigy: what we offer you
We are an ambitious and international tech company with a great culture, and we make sure that everyone feels welcome. Our excellent benefits make us a fantastic place to work - these include:
- Attractive and performance-oriented salary
- Company pension plan
- 30 days paid leave
- Discretionary virtual stock options plan, so you can benefit from the company’s success
- Unique opportunity to help build and shape the company, with little hierarchy
- Flexible and remote working options
- Colleague recognition, reward and celebration events
- Global Employee Assistance Program
- ClassPass membership, giving you access to a variety of fitness and wellness experiences
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities, including LinkedIn Learning