Jan 03, 2024 - Nillion is hiring a remote Senior Community Manager. 📍Location: UK.
Nillion is a secure computation network that is fundamentally changing the way high-value data is stored and used throughout the world. Processing transactions via blockchain was the tip of the iceberg of what information and industries decentralized technology and privacy-enhancing technologies (PETs) can impact. The Nillion network expands these technologies into new use cases and verticals like AI, biometric data, health data, voting, consumer data and more.
As reported by TechCrunch, Nillion raised a $25m at a $180m valuation in the midst of the bear market of 2022 – the highest valuation for a Seed Round reported in Q4-2022. The project has attracted some of the top talent in tech, including the Founding Engineer of Uber (Conrad Whelan), Founder of Indiegogo (Slava Rubin), Associate General Counsel of Coinbase (Lindsay Danas Cohen), Co-Founder of Hedera Hashgraph (Andrew Masanto) and several other high profile team members and advisors.
As a Senior Community Manager, you will be serving a critical role that drives innovative community strategies and brings to life vibrant initiatives like ambassador programs, interactive forums, competitions, social media campaigns, and more. This is a deeply cross-org position that closely collaborates with senior marketing, product, engineering, developer relations, and research teams to align Nillion’s community with the pulse of the project. You will also have the opportunity to lead AMAs, workshops, hackathons, Twitter/X spaces, participate in live events, and have an integral role in cultivating the culture of the Nillion community.
Nillion is a remote-first organization primarily focused on European and US East Coast time zones. Some travel may be required.
- Excellent copywriting skills.
- Strong social skills and native to web3 internet culture.
- Deep understanding of crypto narratives.
- Prior experience in building and managing community initiatives and ambassador programs.
- Deep understanding of blockchain and decentralized technology.
- Proven track record in growing and nurturing large, active communities.
- Proficiency in using community platforms and social media management tools.
- Creative thinking, strategic planning, and strong problem-solving abilities.
- Strategize and implement innovative community engagement and growth strategies, ensuring active and vibrant community participation.
- Grow the community with the right type of Nillion supporters.
- Develop and own comprehensive community initiatives, including ambassador programs, forums, competitions, social media campaigns, and community events.
- Collaborate closely with marketing, product, engineering, developer relations, and research teams to ensure a cohesive community strategy.
- Organize community AMAs, webinars, and workshops to enhance engagement and brand visibility.
- Monitor, analyze, and report on community feedback, trends, and sentiments to inform developer relations and marketing strategies.
- Handle crisis management and conflict resolution within the community.
- Recruit, train, and manage a team of community ambassadors, setting clear goals and metrics.
Nice to Have
- Active personal Twitter presence.
- Experience at an early-stage startup.
- Experience at a web3 protocol.
- Flexible working hours to accommodate lifestyles and a globally distributed team.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Make a big impact as a early contributor to an incredible founding team.
- Work on new problems in an incredible emerging and dynamic field.
- Learn from world class systems engineering, cryptography, and finance domain experts in a mentorship-oriented work culture.
- You don’t need to be in an office or at a desk to have an impact anymore! Nillion are fully remote, but value regular meet-ups.
In summary, if you are interested in web3 infrastructure, innovation, new technology, and are interested in working with a high-caliber team, please apply.
For more information on either the technology or company, there are several lectures at leading universities about the project such as Oxford University, Cambridge University, New York University, Columbia, and MIT. You can also visit Nillion’s early website at www.nillion.com.