Jan 03, 2024 - Amira Learning is hiring a remote Inside Sales Account Executive. 📍Location: USA.
Inside Account Executive
REMOTE / FULL-TIME (East and Central Time Zones)
HIRE DATE: IMMEDIATE
About Amira Learning:
Amira's mission is to create masterful and motivated readers. We seek to help more students learn how to read than any other company in the world. Amira is a rapidly growing and renowned AI startup that was recently named by Business Insider as one of 30 startups to bet your career on. The company is the only education company in the Forbes Top 50 AI Companies, was a Time Magazine Best Invention of 2021, has been featured in the NY Times, selected as the “Future of Education” by the Wall Street Journal, won dozens of awards for software excellence, and exploded into schools across the country.
Amira is the first, most widely used, and more effective AI-powered reading tutor. Amira is able to listen to young children read out loud, assess their mastery and deliver 1:1 personalized tutoring. Amira is a breakthrough innovation having a real impact on kid's lives and societal equity. In independent testing done by State Education Agencies, Amira is the only edtech for reading that has proven effective. It is in use in schools in all 50 states and across 16 countries.
At Amira, you will leverage your existing and future network to find and close new opportunities. You will join a world-class team that has built some of the most successful and widely used applications in American schools.
About This Role:
The Account Executive will be responsible for identifying and developing partnerships with K-12 districts to drive revenue growth to expand Amira's reach within a designated territory. A successful candidate will have a network to build from and a proven track record of quota attainment, building and maintaining a 4x pipeline, and hunting and closing deals.
What You'll Do:
- Identify, engage, and onboard large Districts to expand Amira Learning's market reach and drive revenue growth. Your focus will be on acquiring new logos.
- Build and maintain relationships with partners, including district Superintendents, Chief Academic Officers, Directors of Curriculum and Instruction, and other key stakeholders
- Develop and execute on quality account plans to maximize partner engagement and revenue growth
- Meet and exceed revenue targets by proactively addressing partner business issues and challenges, overcoming objections and obstacles.
- Maintain a 4x pipeline with excellent forecast accuracy practices and report on partnership performance to company leadership
- Become an expert in Amira Learning's products and services and effectively communicate the value proposition to partners
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- 3-6 years of experience in building strategic partnerships and driving revenue growth for SaaS edtech applications
- Proven history of achieving and exceeding quarterly/annual revenue targets with a minimum of $1.5M as an annual target
- Strong executive presence with experience in calling on Superintendents and District decision-makers
- Ability to manage complex sales cycles (3-9+ months) and multiple buying personas across an account
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build and foster relationships
- Proven ability to analyze and solve problems, think strategically and tactically, and influence others
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite and Salesforce
- Bachelor's degree in a related field is preferred, but not required
Who You Are:
The Account Executives will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical reasoning
- Adaptable and resilient mindset
- Grit mentality
- Articulate communication
- Conflict resolution and teamwork
- Organizational and accountability skills
- Winning mentality
- Relationship builder
- Risk taker
- Problem solver
- Persuasive negotiator
- Planner and organizer
You are a fantastic orchestrator, able to utilize a range of supporting personnel and resources to move deals from leads to purchase orders.
- Flexibility – We encourage and support you to live and work where you desire. Amira works as a truly distributed team. We worked remotely before COVID and we'll be working remotely after the pandemic is long gone. Our office is Slack. Our coffee room is Zoom. Our team works hard but we work when we want, where we want.
- Collaboration – We work together closely, using collaborative tools and periodic face to face get togethers. We believe great software is like movie-making. Lots of talented people with very different skills have to band together to build a great experience.
- Lean & Agile -- We believe in ownership and continuous feedback. Yes, we employ Scrum ceremonies. But, what we're really after is using data and learning to be better and to do better for our teachers, students and players.
- Mission-Driven – What's important to us is helping kids. We're about tangible, measured impact.
What Amira offers
- Competitive Salary
- Large Company benefits (even though we're a startup)
- Meaningful Option Ownership (yes there is upside)
- Cutting Edge Work in deep learning and AI
- The opportunity to help children around the world have a better life. Our mission isn't a spin on making money – we only make money when we do good for students
Amira Learning is proud to celebrate diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
At Amira, we believe every child deserves the chance to become a reader. Join us to make that happen.