Jan 03, 2024 - Sympower is hiring a remote Senior Analytics Engineer. 📍Location: Netherlands.
The Sympower data team is dedicated to delivering forecasting services, business intelligence (BI) dashboards, and self-service data capabilities. We collaborate closely with other Engineering Teams to seamlessly integrate data within the broader Sympower software ecosystem.
As an Analytics Engineer at Sympower, your primary focus will be to deliver insightful data solutions to stakeholders through self-service data tools, BI dashboards, and comprehensive reports. This entails a dual focus: on the engineering front, you will design the data model and develop the necessary data pipelines to procure the required data. Simultaneously, on the analytics side, you will construct the actual visualisations of the data in its various forms. While the foundational self-service tools, dashboards, and reports are in place, we are actively seeking a skilled professional to expand and refine this component. Your role will involve building new data-insight products and enhancing existing ones to ensure a continuously evolving and robust analytics environment.
What is in it for you
We are committed to creating an inclusive and values-based culture where everyone feels that they belong, and where everyone has the opportunity to do meaningful work.
We offer a market competitive compensation package, including but not limited to:
- 30 paid holiday days per year
- Remote office budget
- Working from home allowance
- Stock Appreciation Rights (SARs)
- Paid volunteer days
Learn about all of our benefits on our careers page.
What you will do
During your daily job, you will:
- Take ownership of the entire lifecycle, progressing from prototype to production, for a diverse range of self-service data tools, BI dashboards, and reports.
- Design the end-user data models required to service the data insights.
- Develop batch and streaming data pipelines with the full Databricks stack, with a strong focus on software engineering best practices.
Leveraging your effective communication skills, you will collaborate with the Product Manager and stakeholders on how the insights data products can bring the most value to Sympower. Where not yet covered with provided/automated data tooling, you will sometimes help out colleagues with ad-hoc data support to also make sure that similar recurring requests can automatically be dealt with in the future. Your role will involve close collaboration with other members of the data team, predominantly other Analytics and Data Engineers and occasionally Machine Learning Engineers, ensuring end-to-end delivery to the other Sympower teams, the Sympower platform, and our customers.
What you will need
- Experience building maintainable (BI) reports dashboards, and visualizations, preferably with PowerBI and Databricks.
- Knowledge of data modeling techniques, e.g., Kimball, Inmon, etc.
- Experience with ELT data pipeline development, preferably with SQL and Python (Spark).
- Familiar with the Lake House concept for data storage.
- A software-engineering mindset, approach, and skillset.
- Experience with git, CI/CD, testing frameworks, and DevOps.
- Experience and affinity with mentoring and coaching other team members, helping them to grow.
- Good stakeholder communication and being comfortable presenting or facilitating meetings with different audiences, using the right level of detail.
- Experience driving a project from start to finish, including planning, task breakdown, discussions with stakeholders, and collaboration with product management.
- Challenging and steering the team’s technical and product roadmap.
- Affinity for working in a fast-paced/growing scale-up company. You are a fast learner and can adapt quickly to new circumstances.
- Fluent in English and other languages are nice to have.
Who we are
Sympower is accelerating the global transition towards ‘net-zero’ by helping to build smarter, cleaner, renewable energy systems. Using our proprietary software platform, we help balance the supply and demand of electricity across international energy networks.
We help businesses, grid operators, asset owners, and other energy stakeholders around the world reduce their carbon emissions, integrate more distributed renewable energy resources, and generate new revenue streams by participating in demand-side response services.
Learn more about us in this video!
In 2022, Sympower became a certified B Corp, which shows the company is meeting high standards of verified performance, accountability, and transparency across five impact areas: governance, workers, community, environment, and customers.
Sympower is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage a diverse workforce and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees!
MESSAGE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: support for filling this position is not required, so proposals for recruitment services will not be reviewed or responded to.