Jan 04, 2024 - Pager is hiring a remote Senior Product Designer, Mobile. 📍Location: USA.
Pager delivers a “doctor in your family” healthcare experience by making it simple for consumers to connect with the trusted experts they need to make the right healthcare decisions. Through AI-enabled technology, Pager brings consumers, nurses, doctors and other members of the care team together through secure chat, voice and video chat, all in one place. We partner with healthcare organizations to deliver seamless, tech-enabled services and solutions for a consumer experience that leads to better decisions, outcomes and healthier lives. Started in 2014 and based in New York City, Pager is led by seasoned technology and healthcare entrepreneurs to redefine the way that consumers interact with their healthcare.
- Stakeholder Management: You can manage stakeholders independently, and competently. Plan and prioritize your own work within your team and actively seek and prioritize feedback to improve the solutions you are delivering.
- Collaboration: You can collaborate with stakeholders and team members independently. Provide objective critique of team members’ work to design better, more informed solutions. Promote and support your team’s ongoing growth and professional development.
- Workshop and Usability Testing Facilitation: You can create workshop and testing plans for product needs independently and know who to modify when needs change. Exhibit soft skills for handling different personalities, time management, assertive communication, and support participant alignment and decision making. You can identify appropriate methods of research and create testing plans; Deliver research insights in a structured way to socialize findings with relevant stakeholders.
- Leadership and Advocacy: You can support and influence team members and others to help guide solutions toward success and educate others on design best practices.
- Business Strategy: You can competently understand and communicate high-level business strategy and needs and know how to translate business decisions into user value. You participate in cross-discipline initiatives, bringing a design voice to the conversation and building trust between the design team and other disciplines.
- Design Thinking: You demonstrate a deep understanding of design processes by showing good judgment and flexibility in applying design thinking to your work, moving fluidly between each stage as needed. You leverage the design process to contextualize your work and the type of feedback you need in a given moment.
- Visual Design: You can demonstrate and articulate an understanding of layout, typography, and visual hierarchy to achieve clear hierarchy and communication in design solutions. You can leverage existing design principles and visual frameworks creatively to produce designs and, where appropriate, new styles and patterns that are visually cohesive with a suite of digital products.
- Interaction Design: You demonstrate and articulate a strong understanding of established and evolving standards—as well as best practices for—human-computer interactions and how to express them through a design language. You understand the benefits of different user interface models and how to use them appropriately. You consistently consider the holistic user experience, potential states (errors, successes, dead ends) and product overlaps in your own and others' work.
- Prototyping: You balance existing visual and UX patterns with platform-specific patterns to ensure a consistent, intuitive experience. You can identify and flag instances where existing patterns break down in your own work, as well as work done by other designers across all our digital products. When diverging from established patterns, you can identify, document, and socialize new patterns amongst the design team.
- You have 5+ years of experience in product design leading design initiatives in cross-functional teams; collaborating with other designers, UX researchers, product managers, and engineers.
- You hold a bachelor’s degree in a relevant design discipline (graphic design, interaction design, HCI, user experience design), or possess equivalent work experience.
- A portfolio of experience designing mobile-first applications and experiences is a must.
- Experience with AI or designing for conversational chatbot experiences is a plus.
- Experience with user research and usability testing.
- Experience building and managing design systems.
- Must have experience working in Figma.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a cross-functional team.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. You can solve complex design problems and demonstrate and explain your decisions.
- Proven ability to empathize with and build solutions for users.
- Experience leading a program of work through full product development cycles in discovery, solution ideation, prototyping, testing, and delivery.
- You lead with inclusiveness, ensuring that diverse perspectives are not only represented but celebrated.
For Colorado, Nevada, and New York-based employment: In accordance with the Pay Transparency laws the pay range for this position is $115,000 to $135,000. The compensation package may include stock options, plus a range of medical, dental, vision, financial, generous PTO, stipends for professional development, and wellness benefits. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location. The range listed only applies to Colorado, Nevada, and New York.
Offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. This may include but is not limited to substance testing, education, employment, references, state and federal licensure and certifications, criminal history, Office of the Inspector General (OIG) and General Services Administration (GSA) exclusions checks.
At Pager, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.