Jan 05, 2024 - Smartling is hiring a remote Customer Success Manager. 📍Location: USA.
Smartling is seeking a Customer Success Manager for a remote, work from home position. As a Customer Success Manager at Smartling, your goal will be to ensure positive customer health and retention. You will be responsible for ensuring that your customers rapidly adopt and deeply leverage the Smartling solution, and meet their business goals while doing so, from on-boarding and throughout the customer lifecycle. You will partner closely with other Smartling teams such as Sales, Marketing, Professional Services, and Product to ensure customers achieve their objectives and realize significant value from using our platform. We are a fast-moving company looking for energetic candidates to grow and develop alongside us.
Smartling was founded 14 years ago to make localization and translation seamless. Today, Smartling is profitable and backed by Battery Ventures, a global technology-focused investment firm, supporting company growth and expanding our market share and leadership position. We are the only cloud-based, AI-enabled translation platform that combines a Neural Machine Translation Hub and professional language services empowering teams to collaborate in real-time to create experiences customers love.
- Take a leading role in ensuring that customers are successfully onboarded to Smartling in accordance with their success goals
- Provide training and education throughout the onboarding process, and work closely with team members to ensure project timelines are met
Customer Communication and Education:
- Develop communication cadence with your customers on product and industry updates that impact your customers’ global content activities and objectives
- Assess customer requirements, resolving problems, anticipating future needs, and generally serving as the customer’s voice within Smartling
- Oversee the customer’s implementation of localization best practices to ensure you help the customer drive incremental value and return investment
Customer Retention and Growth:
- Develop and implement an effective account planning strategy for your book of business to ensure retention, product adoption and growth through collaboration with other team members
- Establish trusted advisor relationships with all major stakeholders within your assigned book of business, such that all activities are closely aligned with the customer’s business strategy, allowing the full potential of their Smartling solution to be realized
- Manage the renewal process for a portion of your book of business, and have a clear focus helping your customer's expand their customer's use cases with Smartling
- Lead business review meetings to continuously articulate the value of Smarting and customer’s performance against goals, to encourage adoption and expansion across the customer’s organization
- Facilitate business process optimization workshops and enjoy participation in Smartling events for customer marketing activities
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a B2B customer success/client services/account management role
- Ability to manage multiple customer relationships with many internal and external stakeholders, project manage, set priorities and stay organized
- Experience managing contract renewals and up-sells
- Experience working in a role that required you to stay calm in the face of technical and/or customer challenges
- Proven ability to network and manage relationships across many different functions within a global customer organization
- An aptitude for digesting and effectively communicating technical concepts across audiences of varying technical ability
- Business acumen and experience leading and preparing customer presentations/meetings including working with and manipulating data for value driven presentations
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- A home office setup conducive for working remotely, and ability to work effectively as a remote team member*
Preferred but not required
- Experience with translation, localization, and internationalization processes
- Knowledge of the SaaS business model and experience supporting SaaS solutions for midmarket and enterprise business customers
- An understanding of modern software development processes like continuous delivery
- Results-focused. Center on professional and personal growth.
- Enthusiastic. A fun and energetic co-worker.
- An analytical thinker. “If there is a problem I have a solution” attitude.
- Strategic. Translates high-level strategies into practical implementation strategies.
- A Leader. Proactive and will use excellent judgment when dealing with issues.
- Customer-focused. Passionate for client success at all times.
- Detail-oriented. Supremely well organized with attention to detail.
- A Team Player. Ability to work effectively and cross-functionally within all levels of management, both internally and externally.
You Will Enjoy
- Freedom 🏡 - we are remote first
- Growth - an opportunity to learn and advance your career
- Wealth 💰 - we offer a competitive salary and 401(k) + company match
- Wellness - medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Balance - flexible PTO + 11 holidays; generous parental leave
- Culture 🤝- an energetic, value-driven, and fun culture and team spirit
- Bonus - employee referral program and apple equipment
Smartling is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, skills, and experiences.
We use E-verify platform for the work authorization verifications.
The US national total pay range for this role is $85,000 - $105,000, including variable incentive component. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed.
To all recruitment agencies: Smartling does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Smartling employees. Smartling is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
*To work from home, you must have a strong internet connection, quiet space, and a professional (distraction and clutter-free) background.