Jan 07, 2024 - Nearmap is hiring a remote Strategic Account Manager, Insurance. 📍Location: USA.
Nearmap is unique. A global technology company with incredible people; a market-leader with energy and spirit. Nearmap was named as one of the world’s 10 Most Innovative Companies of 2020 by Fast Company magazine – and we’re growing.
What we do
We provide easy, instant access to high-resolution aerial imagery, city-scale 3D content, AI datasets and integrated geospatial tools, with wide-scale coverage across the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. At the core of it, we’re a location content company, a visual analytics company, and a software as a service company. Innovation is weaved into our DNA.
The Strategic Account Manager, Insurance manages all insurance accounts in their region and strategically identifies new opportunities for growth. They are also responsible for prospecting into new insurance accounts in their region. They are focused on managing the relationships and teaching our customers new ways to use location-based content to make their work processes more effective. The Insurance SAM knows the difference between someone with a title and a mobilizer; their understanding of that difference influences how they find the right people that get your deals done.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Build an Insurance focused territory plan with measurable objectives – number of key targets, timetables to achieve success, etc…
- Identify key purchasing vehicles, schedules, and partnerships in current and target accounts to expedite and simplify purchasing
- Build account plans for your major accounts that include influence matrices, org structures, and document your strategy to succeed.
- Map your prospect influences to our key executives and know-how and when to leverage them in your opportunity.
- Manage your Insurance target accounts in our CRM system
- Manage approximately 20+ opportunities simultaneously, where you are actively engaged in a selling cycle
- You will engage with partners in your strategic accounts, leveraging them for mutual success.
- Ensures customer data in SalesForce is thoroughly and carefully maintained; including but not limited to customer info, opportunity info, and details of customer interactions.
- Ensure all customer inquiries are dealt with quickly and effectively.
- Adheres to company guidelines and the corporate Code of Conduct.
- Acts in an ethical way when dealing with company assets and other people.
What we are looking for
For this particular role we are seeking people with the following experience:
- 5+ years experience in insurance account selling is a must
- Bachelor's Degree in a related business discipline or equivalent business experience
- Has the proven ability to demonstrate new products and talk technically
- Extensive new business generation experience, with a track record of closing deals
- Demonstrated strategic solution selling experience
- Software or SaaS sales experience highly regarded along with CRM - Salesforce experience
- Understanding of subscription model is highly desirable
- Exceptional collaboration skills with a hunger to close deals
- Strong insurance acumen, proven ability to work with and sell to C Suite Executives
- Ability to coach and close at all levels, e.g. from subscription renewals to high-value complex sales
- In-depth knowledge of sales cycles
- Excellent written, visual, and verbal presentation skills
Some of our benefits
Nearmap takes a holistic approach to our employees’ emotional, physical and financial wellness. Our current benefits include access to the Nearmap employee share scheme, short and long-term financial incentives, flexible working options, paid volunteer days, gym and phone rebates, and lots of development opportunities including hack-a-thons and pitch-fests.
Working at Nearmap
We move fast and work smart; often wearing multiple hats. We adapted to remote working with ease and are continually looking at ways to improve. We’re proud of our inclusive, supportive culture, and maintain a safe environment where everyone feels a sense of belonging and can be themselves.
If you can see yourself working at Nearmap and feel you have the right level of experience, we invite you to get in touch.
At Nearmap we welcome and encourage our employees’ uniqueness at all levels across the organization, as such we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 844-463-2762.
Nearmap does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and search firms. Please do not email or send unsolicited resumes to any Nearmap employee, location or address. Nearmap is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.