Jan 07, 2024 - Phase2 Technology is hiring a remote Senior Frontend Developer. 📍Location: USA.
Phase2 is a digital product agency passionate about customer experience, grounded in data and insights, and rooted in 20 years of successful technology delivery. We make digital products that inspire, engage, and create impact. For the most influential companies in the world, Phase2 is a proven partner, guiding our clients toward what's next in the digital landscape.
Phase2 is looking for a senior frontend web developer who is excited about creating compelling and useful digital experiences to join our expanding team. The ideal candidate is passionate about solving the underlying problems for our clients; highly collaborative and eager to exchange knowledge with coworkers; and constantly seeking to learn and improve. You will build the user-facing parts of web sites and web applications using a variety of technologies including React, Web Components, Lit2 and Typescript. You should come with an openness to learning technologies in the midst of doing project work, but with the reassurance that you are part of a team that helps each other learn. Your excellent communication skills will help you be effective not only working with your colleagues but also with clients, who will talk with you and your teammates over a variety of communication media such as Zoom and Slack.
This position reports to Director, Engineering.
Target Salary: $110,000
- Implement projects with minimal technical oversight
- Perform business and functional requirements analysis and capture with clients and analysts
- Analyze existing implementations to extract business and functional requirements
- Perform analysis for new technology to determine appropriate usage
- Lead development teams through the development process to successfully deliver valuable features and projects
- Provide technical oversight to small teams of developers
- Ensure code and systems are developed with appropriate levels of quality
- Configure software and infrastructure to support deployment of implemented projects
- Design and implement subsystems of the software architecture
- Implement automation to support builds, deployments and code quality checks
- Estimate development time for subsystems and projects
- Create design and operational documentation for subsystems and projects
- Perform release management activities
- Recommend improvements to Phase2’s development and deployment practices
- Participate in the development of best practices and standards within the company
- Serve as proactive and efficient conduit for knowledge sharing across the company
- Maintain managerial relationship with more junior members of the engineering team
- Assist with the career development of staff within the engineering team
- 3+ years of industry experience at a developer level with progressive increases in responsibilities
- Strong knowledge of modern CSS, including, Flexbox, CSS grid, CSS variables.
- Strong understanding of the DOM (Document Object Model) and DOM manipulation.
- Experience with one or more frontend frameworks, preferably React.
- Experience with NodeJS
- Experience writing automated tests using systems such as Mocha, Jest, or Cypress.
- Ability to collaborate with design and product team(s) and make recommendations that ease or improve implementation.
- Experience using Git, including the abilities to commit code, work with merge conflicts and comprehend industry standard Git workflows.
Preferred Qualifications (Optional)
- Experience with, or basic knowledge of, Web Components strongly preferred.
- Experience developing in TypeScript.
- Experience developing with Tailwind CSS.
- Experience advocating for accessibility best practices.
- Drupal theming experience, including the Twig templating system, a plus.
- Experience with bundling systems such as Webpack, Snowpack, Parcel, etc.
- Experience developing with Epic APIs and widget customization
- Experience with React Native
Phase2 is committed to transparency for career advancement. The typical advancement path is to Software Architect .
Eligibility for advancement is dependent on:
- Performance Management evaluation history indicating strong performance and exceeding expectations of current role;
- Consistent demonstration of successfully executing the minimum qualifications of the next level
- Endorsement from senior leadership and peers
- Frequently remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods of time.
- Occasional adjusting or moving of light objects up to 20 pounds in all directions.
- Continuous communication on live video chats, calls, and through emails and messaging platforms for the purpose of exchanging information.
- Continuous repetitive movements that may include the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- [If applicable] Travel (approx. 15% - 25%) when required (travel not required during the pandemic)
- Comprehension- Must continuously be able to understand direction and adhere to established procedures. Must also be able to gather information from clients and employees and synthesize this information in a meaningful way. May also be responsible for making improvements or recommendations to existing procedures.
- Organization- Must continuously be able to gather and classify information, store information learned from conversations and communications, and then be and be able to quickly recall, interpret, and explain information.
- Reasoning and Decision Making- Must continuously use logic to analyze and interpret information, and prioritize.
- Communication- Must continuously express or exchange ideas and meaning with employees and clients.
- Resilience- Must continuously adapt well in the face of workplace stressors.
More About Phase2
Candidates being considered will be contacted by email first. Every job requires at least 2 interviews--both conducted via video. A representative from Employee Experience will conduct the first interview via video and the invitation will be sent from a valid, Phase2 email address. Additionally, all job offers are delivered via DocuSign with security validation.
Phase2 has an unwavering commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
As a remote-first company, we are able to compete for the best talent, no matter where they live. Our salary structure is commensurate with accomplishment. We offer a full benefits package including 401K with an automatic company contribution. We have more than 140 employees in our Arlington, Virginia, New York, New York, Portland, Oregon, and “everywhere” offices.
We are dedicated to creating an environment of openness and engagement. Each member of our workforce can bring the fullest expression of themselves to work every day in order to best serve one another and our clients. We commit to keeping our workplace free from discrimination based upon race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information. Phase2 is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and participates in E-Verify.