Jan 10, 2024 - VERSES is hiring a remote Sr. Data Scientist. 📍Location: Northern America.
Sr. Data Scientist
US & Canada Only
VERSES is a cognitive computing company specializing in next-generation Artificial Intelligence modeled after natural systems and the design principles of the human brain and the human experience. We are a distributed, diverse, and inclusive workforce that aspires to do our best work on important problems with exceptional people and we value: AUDACITY, ASSERTIVENESS, ALIGNMENT, ACCOUNTABILITY, ABUNDANCE & AWESOMENESS.
We’re looking for trailblazers and problem solvers passionate about tackling important global-scale challenges so if that sounds appealing, let’s imagine a smarter world together!
Make An Impact
VERSES AI is looking to add a Sr Data Scientist to develop and implement data-driven strategies for product, engineering and sales, reporting to the Head of Data Science. The successful candidate will have a strong background in data analysis with an aptitude for interpreting and communicating insights to diverse stakeholders. This role offers an excellent opportunity for a motivated and passionate individual to contribute to global impact on complex challenges.
Essential Functions- a/k/a/ Your Mission
- Own data science pipeline for specific products, from data ingestion and engineering to deployment
- Select and implement appropriate techniques and algorithms to solve optimization problems from a wide toolbox - e.g. machine learning, statistical modeling, agent-based simulation, mathematical programming, stochastic processes
- Monitor, fine tune, and optimize existing models
- Validate and test performance of models, and compile evidence of business impact
- Perform data engineering and build data pipelines
- Turn prototypes into industry-grade solutions
- Write properly documented and tested code
- Work with product managers to incorporate user requirements and feedback
- Collaborate with production engineers to ensure scalability, security, generalizability of the code base
- Work with engineers to integrate data science solutions into our ecosystem of apps, databases, and frameworks
- Deliver solutions on schedule, and provide interim progress updates to managers
- Participate in project management process
- Provide regular updates to management on work products
Great to Haves
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field, with coursework in computer science, data science, statistics and operations research
- 5+ years industry experience, preferably in enterprise software or software engineering
- Demonstrated success in at least one deployed product
- Practical knowledge of machine learning, deep learning, statistical modeling and Bayesian modeling
- Proficient with Python, Tensorflow, SQL or similar
- Familiar with tools such as Git, Docker
- Experience with cloud and noSQL databases
- Collaborative team player
- Spatial statistics, GIS
- Supply chain/logistics/SAP transportation
- Simulation, graph databases, vector databases, IoT, stochastic / dynamic optimization, 3D visualization, computer vision
Aside from being a culture of highly-engaged, collegial, and energized people, at VERSES, we offer:
- Global virtual work environment (although some positions may need to operate within specific time zones)
- Financial and Mental Health wellness programs
- Paid time off includes: responsible time off policy (RTO), sick time complying with all State and Federal guidelines, and of course... Company recognized Holidays!!
- Vested interest in developing and growing our people
- Generous total rewards package which includes equitable base pay, potential for bonuses, equities.
- The pay range for our roles are market based and commensurate with skills and experience; with this role starting at $160,000/yr for those living in the United States only.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging:
At VERSES, we value diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. VERSES will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Recruitment Agencies or IT Outsourcing
Thank you for your interest in wanting to help out as a recruitment or IT outsourcing partner. We currently are not accepting additional help from external vendors. No agencies please.