Jan 18, 2024 - Wisersolutions is hiring a remote Director, Data Solutions. 📍Location: Canada.
Wiser Solutions is a suite of in-store and eCommerce intelligence and execution tools. We're on a mission to enable brands, retailers, and retail channel partners to gather intelligence and automate actions to optimize pricing, marketing, and operations initiatives, both in-store and online. Our Commerce Execution Suite is available globally.
Location of Job: Remote in Canada
We are seeking a dynamic and results-driven Director of Data Solutions to lead our talented team of data scientists and machine learning engineers. The ideal candidate will play a crucial role in shaping the direction of our data science initiatives, driving innovation, and ensuring the delivery of high-impact solutions for our customers. We strongly encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
1. Leadership and Team Management:
- Develop and execute the overall data science and machine learning strategy.
- Advocate our vision and strategy to the data science team, fostering a collaborative and innovative work environment.
- Lead, mentor, and develop a diverse team of data scientists, machine learning engineers, and data analysts, fostering a culture of continuous learning and growth for all individuals.
- Champion the ethical development of data science models, implementing rigorous measures to eliminate bias and ensure validity.
2. Solution Delivery:
- Oversee the end-to-end development and deployment of data-driven solutions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate data science solutions into the Wiser platform.
3.Collaboration and Communication:
- Collaborate with a diverse and globally distributed team to understand the problems our products and customer face, manage your team to develop solutions and educate our stakeholders on the solution and the science behind it.
- Communicate the benefits and trade-offs of using external data science services and open-source models vs. building our own.
4. Innovation and Continuous Improvement:
- Stay abreast of industry trends and advancements in data science and in the e-commerce market.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement, exploring and adopting innovative approaches to data solutions.
Technologies We Use
- Python, R, Scala, Tensorflow, Sagemaker,
- AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
- PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Snowflake
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in data science and machine learning roles, with a proven track record of leadership and solution delivery.
- Strong experience managing and developing high-performing teams with an emphasis on diversity and inclusion.
- A degree in a relevant field such as Computer Science, Statistics, or related disciplines.
- Solid understanding of ecommerce and the challenges associated with analyzing large volumes of data.
- Solid understanding and experience with LLMs and NLP models to solve big data problems.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, R, or Scala.
- Experience with evaluating and integrating external data science services and open-source models.
Other Duties - Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EEO STATEMENT - Wiser Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation of any kind. Wiser Solutions, Inc. is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, providing a work environment free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. All employment decisions at Wiser Solutions, Inc. are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, family or parental status, disability, genetics, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by the state, federal, or local law. Wiser Solutions, Inc. will not tolerate discrimination, harassment, or retaliation based on any of these characteristics.
Base pay is one part of our total compensation package. Pay is established on an individual basis after considering multiple factors such as relevant experience, education, and other qualifications. In addition, we take into account geographical differentials and make sure pay is equitable with our current staff. For this position, our hiring range for base annual pay is estimated to be CAD$180,000 to $235,000, at the time of this posting.
Performance-based discretionary bonuses and variable pay plans are available for some positions.
If you require accommodation to complete any part of the application process or need an alternative manner to apply, please contact us at USTalentAcquisition@wiser.com or call (855) 469-4737. "