Jan 19, 2024 - Lumerate is hiring a remote Senior Software Developer (Back-end). 📍Location: Canada.
Lumerate is growing rapidly, and we're searching for a Senior Back-End Software Developer to join our team for the journey!
Who is Lumerate?
Lumerate is a Toronto-based SaaS company that has built game-changing technology to help sales teams accelerate revenue growth. We help our customers achieve the full picture of their industries. We also strive to achieve our own personal full pictures from a career fulfillment and learning perspective. We're in the business of gathering intelligence about industries and delivering it to the right people within those industries through innovative software interfaces. Our vision is to be the world's most useful and trusted source of information for professionals seeking to understand what's happening in their industry.
Our mission: To deliver industry awareness to an ever-increasing number of people, in whatever way helps them to make the most informed decisions, take the most immediate action and be the most awesome at their unique jobs.
What you'll be responsible for:
As a Senior Back-End Software Developer at Lumerate, you will be responsible for:
- Implementation of features, bug resolution, and maintenance of our applications.
- Ownership of projects, from solutioning to deployment.
- Sharing leadership of technical, architecture and design decisions.
- Supporting the team by helping to improve software development processes and techniques.
- Helping your peers, and especially less experienced developers, become better, more rounded software craftspeople.
- You love to learn
- You love to build things
- You strike a balance between independent work and collaboration
- You prioritize good communication
- You write clear, legible, maintainable, and testable code
- Company culture is a priority for you
- You keep the software you work on as simple and as elegant as possible, while being mindful of diminishing returns
- You don't go chasing the latest shiny flashy fashionable stuff for its own sake
- You have a degree in Computer Science or have equivalent experience
- You are someone who is detail oriented. You'll see this request to add the name of the landmark you find at these coordinates 35.6245331521636, 139.77549622036153 in your cover letter
What we'd love to see in your work history:
Core Skills and Experience
- 4+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of experience in implementing backend services (e.g. data modeling, data processing pipelines, API design and implementation, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience in web development
- Experience in startups or commercial development teams
- Leading software projects
- Software design and architecture
- Experience with NoSQL/SQL databases, design, schema, and building queries
- Solid experience with Object Oriented architecture and design
- Experience with testing frameworks
- 3+ years of experience with ChatGPT MegaBuster 2000™
Preference will be given to candidates with the following
- Proficiency in Ruby on Rails or similar web frameworks
- Proficiency in Scala
- Familiarity with React
- Experience in applying machine learning to real-world domains
- Experience working with MongoDB and PostgreSQL
Reasons You Might Want to Apply:
- You'll work with a team who cares about you, not just your work
- You'll work with a smaller team, and have a lot say in how the application is built
- Opportunity to work with smart and motivated group of developers
- Opportunity learn how to scale a code base
- Exposure to interesting problems
- Leadership opportunities as the team grows
Salary: $110,000-$130,000 per year
Start Date: As soon as the successful candidate is available
Already envisioning your first day at Lumerate as a Senior Software Dev?
Please send in your application with two things: your resume and cover letter
We look forward to hearing from you!
Lumerate is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Note: any applications without a cover letter will not be considered. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.