Jan 20, 2024 - Oliv AI is hiring a remote Engineering Lead. 📍Location: India.
Oliv.AI is an emerging SalesTech startup headquartered in San Francisco that provides an innovative solution to help businesses scale their sales teams. We recently announced a $5.2M Seed funding round! Our AI engine analyzes sales conversations to identify best practices, refine call scripts, and enable sellers with the right answers. Oliv.AI ensures that sales reps follow a golden sales process, conduct pre-call research, provide conversational insights, and complete smart next steps. We help businesses build agile revenue teams and ensure CRM hygiene with ease.
Oliv learns from recorded conversations, updates sales scripts, and guides your reps to deliver consistently using smart workflows. Revenue teams at Shopify, Turing, Density, Thinkific, and over 800 companies use Oliv to clone and automate winning practices while saving 5 hours/rep every week.
About The Role:
As the founding engineering lead, you will design, build and own products that our users love and use on a daily basis while leading and building a team of 10+ product engineers. You will do this using Clojure(script), a functional programming language that truly makes developing software a joyful experience.
We are looking for an engineering leader who has a strong customer centric mindset and a deep sense of ownership of the product. We like engineers who have a strong attention to detail and like to constantly learn new technologies, systems & thought processes. Not only will you be responsible for building a great product, but also a great company that is thought through from first principles. You will enjoy working with us if you like to put your engineering hat on, challenge everything and solve hard problems with your team.
We are a small team of passionate engineers that are focused on developing great software for our users. We move fast and have strong internal and external feedback loops that we act on and improve ourselves. We deliberately chose Clojure(script) as our language of choice as it helps us ship great bug free products and be very productive, at the same time. We try to be system thinkers with strong first principles based reasoning. We strongly believe that trust and autonomy is necessary to come up with the best products and customer experience. In summary, we want to do our best to help our users be more productive and do our part in helping make the world a better place.
What You'll Do:
- Systematically design, develop & deploy new products
- Take strong ownership of the product and improve it based on customer feedback and product analytics
- Lead a team of 10+ full stack developers; improve our culture and engineering/product practices
- Help with future hiring, onboarding and growing the company
- Develop in (and learn) Clojure(script) (a strong functional programming language) which has some of the best tooling for iterative (repl based) development
- Question the status quo about the current practices and systematically reason about why is it currently that way and what can be improved upon
What We Need:
- 8-10+yrs experience in full stack software development, 2+ years managing engineering teams
- Have experience in building Single Page Applications using HTML/CSS and a JS framework, preferably React.js
- Have backend experience using technologies like Node.js, Ruby on Rails, etc.
- Have experience with or aspirations to learn functional programming practices
- Have a good understanding of modern web server-client architecture and concepts like REST based APIs, etc.
- You like to work in a fast paced environment with strong autonomy about decisions within the development & design of the products
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation package, including meaningful equity with terms you'll actually be able to benefit from
- Wellness Plan:Suite of health benefits through Plum, including unlimited access to medical specialists, mental health support, nutrition advice, and comprehensive annual health check-ups, along with veterinary services for your pets.
- Unlimited paid time off, sick leave, and a flexible remote WFH workplace #LI-remote
- All the tools you need to succeed including a new Macbook
- Flexible work hours because we want you to work your best way
- We help our team build their career and unleash their potential - we foster top talent and build distinct tailored growth plans which elevate both skills and income
We want to make sure everyone has an equal chance to participate and make a difference. Oliv.AI is an equal opportunity employer and prioritizes building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants of any type and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Oliv’s policy is to comply with all applicable laws related to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.