Jan 21, 2024 - Compose.ly is hiring a remote Technical Writer. 📍Location: USA.
This role is a fully remote position. Only applicants from U.S. time zones will be considered.
Interested applicants must submit:
- Cover letter outlining your interest in the role
- Examples of technical content you've worked on, with a clear indication of your part in the creation/upkeep of these resources
- A brief grammar assessment (see link below)
Compose.ly has partnered as an exclusive recruiter with a leader in data products seeking a writer with subject matter expertise in technical content to work alongside their in-house team. Our client is looking to hire a writer for 20 hours/week on an ongoing basis.
Our client needs an experienced technical writer to collaborate with the engineering and marketing teams to write blog posts on the client's software platform features, capabilities, and use cases. The writer's key tasks include staying up to date on industry trends and best practices in data management and crafting clear and concise explanations of complex technical concepts.
The writer will produce content that aims to educate and empower data engineers, focused on these four goals:
- Demystify the platform: Break down complex features and functionalities into clear, concise, and accessible language.
- Showcase use cases and applications: Provide real-world examples of how data engineers can utilize the client's software platform to solve their specific challenges.
- Enable independent learning: Create informative content that allows data engineers to learn the platform at their own pace and independently.
- Foster adoption and integration: Encourage engineers to embrace the client's software platform as a valuable tool in their data management workflow.
This role is for you if you…
- Have experience writing content geared toward a technical audience of data engineers and developers.
- Have deep experience and subject matter expertise in the data management or cloud computing industries.
- Know when collaboration is necessary and when independent work should suffice.
- Have strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Can communicate and collaborate professionally and efficiently within a remote environment.
- Creating and maintaining content in the client's online course catalog.
- Collaborating closely with the client's internal teams to build out the written text that accompanies training courses, including the creation of new courses and timely updating of existing courses following regulatory changes in the industry.
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Background in data engineering or a related field
- Experience writing technical content for developers or engineers
- Experience writing for the data management or cloud computing industry
- Proven ability to research and write about complex technical topics clearly and concisely
- Understanding of data engineering concepts
- Understanding of cloud data platforms and technologies
- Proficiency in written English (US spelling and grammar conventions)
- Successful completion of our grammar, spelling, and writing assessments
What would make you stand out
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field preferred
- Flexible schedule (preferred), with regular communication and responsiveness essential
How to get started
If you think you meet the above requirements and are willing to take on these responsibilities:
- Click on "Apply to Position."
- Submit your resume and relevant portfolio, as well as a cover letter explaining briefly how this position is a fit for your skills, expertise, and goals.
- Complete the following assessment: https://forms.gle/643EoSTprjKCQMhM6
- Applicants who do not complete the grammar assessment will not be considered. Applicants should apply on our website rather than applying through LinkedIn.
Compose.ly is a content creation platform that pairs small, mid-size, and enterprise-level organizations with vetted writers and editors. We pride ourselves on creating high-quality, SEO-friendly content that drives tangible ROI.
About our client
Our client is a leader in data products, enabling customers to accelerate their time-to-value by delivering validated, trustworthy insights. Its data products are the first of their kind to unite AI with human intelligence to improve data quality and enrich data with first- and third-party data so businesses can revolutionize customer experiences, drive greater ROI, boost operational efficiency, and avoid risks. Using our client's cloud-native and SaaS solutions, industry leaders such as Toyota, Western Union and Novocure uncover the insights they need to stay ahead of the competition in a rapidly changing business environment.