Jan 28, 2024 - Vosyn is hiring a remote Database Engineer Intern. 📍Location: Canada.
Job Title: Database Engineer Intern - Specialists in Handling Vast Datasets of Voice and Ensuring Efficient Operations and Scaling
At Vosyn, we embrace the exciting, game-changing world of Artificial Intelligence, driving innovation and pioneering impactful projects across various industries. We believe in fostering a culture of flexibility, continuous improvement, and solution-focused strategies. Here, every idea is welcomed, nurtured, and has the potential to scale to new heights. Currently, we're at the forefront of a significant IPO endeavor, truly a unicorn in the making. We invite you to be part of our journey and leave your imprint on the future of AI.
About the job:
We are in search of AI Database Interns who specialize in managing vast datasets of voice and driving efficient data pipelining and ETL practices. If you have a passion for working with large-scale data and are experienced in modelling efficient data solutions, we welcome you to apply for this hands-on internship position.
About the term:
We have a scheduled placement for January 2024, and it can be either full time or part time but must be a minimum of 520 hours per placement. We also have placements starting April 2024. We allow flexibility to avoid any conflicts with academic responsibilities. Please be sure to outline your ideal placement date or term and any constraints you may have. This is an ideal post grad placement that will truly amplify and accelerate your post grad development. This is a full-time & part-time but strong engagement is critical. Full time is most desired and part time is possible with responsible flexibility. Placement timing can also be aligned with academic commitments and internship requirements outlined by your program.
What You'll Do:
- Design, develop, and maintain scalable and efficient database solutions.
- Optimize database systems for performance and reliability.
- Implement, maintain, and test database backup and recovery strategies.
- Collaborate with other team members to improve the existing database infrastructure.
- Provide support for database issues and performance tuning.
- Ensure data integrity and security in database systems.
- Contribute to the documentation of best practices and technological choices
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Database Engineer or in a similar role.
- Experience in AWS.
- Strong knowledge of database technologies (SQL, NoSQL), database design, and SQL scripting.
- Experience in optimizing database performance and capacity.
- Familiarity with database security, backup, and recovery procedures.
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities and analytical skills.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Eagerness to innovate and challenge the conventional in the field of databases.
- Experience using Notion.
- Be part of the thrilling journey of a start-up moving toward an IPO
- Engage with senior management and strategic advisory board members
- Enrich your resume with unique experiences exclusive to AI Venture Lab
- Opportunity for full-time roles post-internship
Duration and Compensation:
This is a full-time & part-time, paid internship with the following placement options:
Flexibility with timing and location should not deter you from applying. The compensation will be $32-35 CAD per hour, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
DEI and Workplace Safety:
We are an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a safe, diverse, inclusive environment free from discrimination and harassment.
We have a number of policies committed to fostering a safe and comfortable environment for every one of our interns.