Feb 05, 2024 - Symend is hiring a remote Director, Sales. 📍Location: Northern America.
Are you looking for an opportunity to apply your skills and talent to spark both innovation and positive social change? Symend is a rapidly growing fintech company that combines behavioral science with advanced AI, data, and analytics capabilities to enable companies to engage at-risk customers more effectively and humanely. By creating better ways to approach individuals with empathy and dignity at the time when they need it most, Symend’s employees are helping to transform the science of customer engagement and improve lives in North America and around the world.
The Director of Sales will lead our sales engagements and be responsible for building the plan for winning new business across verticals including Enterprise size financial institutions, telco/wireless/media, energy, and SMBs while also supporting and managing the relationships with existing customers.
This position requires outstanding problem-solving analytical, solution development and communication skills; as well as experience defining, creating and winning technology solutions deals. The Director of Sales will work cross-functionally across the organization and closely with the executive leadership team.
What You'll Be Doing:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Accountable for the overall growth and execution of the market-centric sales initiatives and opportunities across enterprise sized clients and SMBs.
- Hit or exceed sales targets and accurately forecast business velocity.
- Effectively build qualified sales pipeline and new opportunity growth.
- Drive day-to-day sales activities.
- Run effective sales meetings and help create a culture of accountability.
- Plan for the future by identifying and addressing bottlenecks, gaps, and risks in attacking this market .
- Participate in weekly, monthly, and quarterly meetings to sales and executive leadership on key metrics, providing analysis with recommended next steps to improve deal velocity and conversion.
- Create and execute effective presentations, including corporate and solution capabilities, client proposals, bid defense and business case/justification.
- Support business development efforts by attending industry conferences and events as needed.
- Lead client and prospect meetings, engaging other corporate resources as required.
- Work closely with internal Symend teams (Customer Success, Marketing, Product and Solutions and Engineering) to ensure expertise in our solutions.
What You'll Need:
- Must be a sales practitioner with a proven track record of exceeding sales targets, and have significant and relevant experience in the following areas: prospecting, territory alignment, account mapping, account penetration, pipeline creation, closing and key deal plans, negotiation, forecasting and ultimate delivery of the sales revenue target
- A proven track record of success in both Enterprise SaaS and SMB sales using a value-driven sales approach.
- Strong sales experience, having sold SaaS and managed service solutions to commercial and enterprise companies at the Director, VP, C-Level and in some cases the owners.
Key Competencies and Skills:
- A resilient, persistent go-getter
- An analytical, problem solver, who can think critically while achieving high performance.
- The ability to adapt to changing market conditions, customer needs, and product developments.
- A high level of technical proficiency of aspects of the SaaS product to establish credibility around subject matter expertise quickly.
- Know how to influence and effect change.
- Collaborative with track record of building strong trust-based working relationships horizontally across functions and vertically along reporting structures.
- Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances.
- Prospecting and sales hunter mentality to identify target potential customers, including cold outreaches and lead nurturing techniques.
- Proficiency in negotiating pricing, terms, and contracts to maximize deal value while meeting both customer and company objectives.
Key Measures of Success:
- Driving vertical penetration and growth through acquisitions of new logos in the defined market segments.
- Achieving defined sales quotas based on contract value and ARR.
- Delivering on defined renewal targets.
- Driving organic revenue growth with existing client base.
- Deal size and deal velocity.
This position requires frequent travel, customer-facing work, and/or attendance in a congregate work setting. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, in accordance with the duty to protect the health and safety of employees and customers, and to perform the role, the successful incumbent must have and maintain an up-to-date immunization status as recommended by your local government or governmental agency (such as the CDC and your State mandates in the U.S. or Health Canada and your provincial/territorial health ministry in Canada), or an adequate plan to do so.
Don’t meet every single requirement? At Symend we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
We could tell you all about our competitive compensation, flexible work environment, social Fridays, and awesome team events, but working at Symend is so much more than that!
Working at Symend means being part of a driven and collaborative team that values trust, accountability and continuous learning. We work hard, but always make time for fun!
You get the chance to do work that matters on a product that truly changes lives!
At Symend, we believe that all customers should be treated with empathy and dignity. That’s why we leverage our deep understanding of consumer behavior to create personalized interactions that better engage and empower customers at all points of the customer journey. Our digital engagement platform uses behavioral science, data science and advanced analytics to help our clients build stronger relationships with their customers. Symend: The science of engagement.™
Symend’s relationship-based approach keeps enterprises attuned to the changing needs of their customers and empowers them to take action. This increases customer satisfaction, lowers operating costs, and helps resolve past due bills before reaching collections.
Founded in 2016, Symend’s platform is purpose built to serve complex global enterprises in telecommunications, financial services, utilities and media. Symend is headquartered in Calgary and privately held, with global operations across Canada, the United States and Latin America.
Symend: The science of engagement.™
All positions require background screening. This will include criminal and education checks to comply with regulations.