PolyExplore Inc. is a company located in San Jose, CA that specializes in high-definition mapping services and precision navigation equipment for autonomous vehicles, robotics, and other applications. We aim to meet the highest standards in the Navigation community, and look forward to advancing the field through collaboration with our customers.
PolyExplore is looking for a highly motivated software engineer to address intriguing and complex challenges within the ADAS/AD domain. The AI/ML software engineer will collaborate with a cross-functional team to design, develop, and maintain feature extraction software with 3D point cloud data or images collected by our sensor fusion platform or by our customers. In addition, the engineer will build up an AI/ML technology stack that can be applied to a wider problem within the ADAS/AD domain.
- Research, develop, and deploy state-of-the-art Deep Neural Networks and Machine learning workflows for 3D point cloud /2D image-based feature extraction.
- Develop Machine Learning algorithms from requirement gathering, data cleaning, experimentation to all the way to deploying a scalable application on the cloud.
- Work with diverse data-domain. E.g. Camera data, Lidar point clouds, GPS, and other vehicle signals timeseries.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including perception, and planning & control teams to ensure seamless integration of different components of the autonomous driving system.
- Maintain clear and comprehensive documentation of all algorithms, experiments, and development processes to facilitate knowledge sharing and future improvements.
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science / Robotics Engineering, Electrical Engineering
- Strong proficiency in programming languages such as Python, C++, or similar for algorithm development and implementation.
- Knowledge of OpenCV, TensorFlow/PyTorch, Scikit-learn, Pandas, Matplotlib, Seaborn, Point Cloud Library, Numpy, etc.
- Experience with LiDAR data processing.
- Experience with deployment tools: Docker, AWS, SQL, Git, Linux etc.
- Ability to write clean, efficient, and maintainable code along with version control practices using tools like Git.
- Demonstrated ability to approach complex problems creatively and independently, propose innovative solutions, and adapt to changing requirements.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively within a diverse and interdisciplinary team.