Feb 12, 2024 - G Core Labs is hiring a remote Software Engineer (C/Rust - Security). 💸 Salary: competitive salary, flexible schedule, educational support, medical insurance, business trips (depending on role). 📍Location: Europe.
Have you ever wondered why your favorite apps, social media content, and video games load in the blink of an eye? It's likely because of Gcore behind the scenes!
Join a team that collaborates with industry giants like Intel, Dell, NVIDIA, Graphcore, and Equinix to accelerate AI training, provide cutting-edge cloud services, and optimize content delivery.
If you are passionate about transforming the internet and contributing to cutting-edge innovations, come join us at Gcore!
We are over 550 professionals and currently looking for a passionate Rust/C Software Engineer to join our DDoS protection team. Together we will work on a packet filtering engine able to spot and block malicious traffic from the first packet. We will help gaming companies to run their multiplayer games without interruptions during DDoS attacks, protect enterprises from botnets, and increase availability of internet resources making DDoS attacks inefficient.
- Develop and implement a high-performance packet filtering engine using C, Rust, and XDP on Linux to combat volumetric DDoS attacks.
- Conduct research to identify novel methods for detecting traffic anomalies and implementing effective attack mitigations.
- Enhance network visibility to streamline troubleshooting processes and refine billing systems.
- Work on scaling the packet filtering engine to accommodate increasing network demands.
- Design robust distributed systems, ensuring zero downtime during reconfigurations.
- Optimize existing network security solutions to improve efficiency at scale.
Required qualification & skills:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in C/Rust programming.
- In-depth understanding of networking protocols.
- Proven ability to write reliable and secure code.
- Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated development experience in a multithreaded environment.
- Eagerness to learn Rust if not already familiar.
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language.
What We Offer:
We aim to offer benefits that ensure you feel and give your best. The benefits vary by region, but you can expect perks like:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible schedule
- Remote, hybrid, or office work
- Educational support
- Medical insurance (depending on the contract type and your location)
- Business trips (depending on your role)
Gcore is an international cloud and edge leader in providing first-class web performance, content delivery, and security. Headquartered in Luxembourg, with offices around the world, the company provides its solutions to global leaders in numerous industries.
Millions of people worldwide use apps and play games based on our infrastructure and services: we are trusted by World of Tanks, Albion Online, Avast, Photon, Unity, Sandbox Interactive, and others.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We provide equal opportunity to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, disability, or any other legally protected characteristics.