Who we are
At Toyota, we are reimagining mobility through innovative, high-quality technology solutions designed to enhance lives and meet our company mission of “Producing Happiness for All.” If you are interested in reimagining mobility with us in an inclusive environment built on teamwork that puts respect for people first, we want to talk to you.
Who We’re Looking For
Toyota’s Digital Products Department is looking for a passionate and highly motivated AI/ML Engineer. The primary responsibility of this role is to develop, deploy, and maintain AI/ML models and systems related IIoT that support Toyota’s manufacturing processes. You will work closely with stakeholders to understand their requirements and to provide innovative solutions using the latest AI/ML technologies.
Reporting to the Digital Products IIoT Manager, the person in this role will support the Digital Products department's objective to ensure the future technology directions align with IIoT needs of the North America Manufacturing Centers.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Using your programming skills, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing machine learning frameworks, which involves assessing and organizing large datasets, executing tests/experiments to automate predictive models.
- Transforming data science prototypes and applying appropriate ML algorithms and tools.
- Enhancing the end-to-end AI/ML project lifecycle, from data collection and preparation to deployment and maintenance
- Solving complex problems with multi-layered data sets, as well as optimizing existing machine learning libraries and frameworks.
- Professional development and learning new technology in the Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) and Industrial IoT (IIoT) space.
- Collaborating closely with business and IT stakeholders to thoroughly understand current business processes and requirements for plant-floor IIoT systems.
- Proactively engaging with product development team members (5-8 Toyota Team Members or contingent worker resources) in an Agile environment toward the product roadmap’s delivery goals.
What You’ll Bring
- Hands-on experience with MLOps, including the deployment and management of large-scale AI/ML models in the cloud (e.g., Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, etc.).
- Advanced proficiency and strong hands-on experience with Python, and SQL.
- In-depth knowledge of ML frameworks, libraries, data structures, Probability and Statistics, and AI architectures.
- Solid interpersonal skills, such as great communication and collaboration, due to the high-level interaction with the engineering teams, management, and other divisions within Toyota.
- Experience investigating and implementing cutting-edge IT technologies and platforms in a large-scale organization.
- Demonstratable experience managing several full-lifecycle large-scale IT projects implementing or upgrading Manufacturing systems and modules.
- Experience with computer vision and image processing methods
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in computer science, data science, mathematics, or a related field.
Added Bonus If You Have
- Work experience in the automotive or manufacturing industries.
- Experience in edge computing.
- Experience in a large, global manufacturing operation.
What We’ll Bring
During your interview process, our team can fill you in on all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
- A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect.
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement.
- Vehicle purchase & lease programs.
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family.
- Flexible work options based on business needs.
- Toyota 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, as well as an annual retirement contribution from Toyota regardless of whether you contribute.
- Paid holidays and paid time off.
- Referral services related to prenatal services, adoption, childcare, schools and more.
- Flexible spending accounts.
- Relocation assistance (if applicable).
- This position is based in Plano, TX. Toyota encourages all employees to live within a reasonable commuting distance of their assigned work location. Hybrid work from outside the assigned work location may be permitted in a pre-approved list of states with certain stipulations. Speak with your Recruiter and the Hiring Manager to learn more about our hybrid work program.
To save time applying, Toyota does not offer sponsorship of job applicants for employment-based visas or any other work authorization for this position at this time.
Belonging at Toyota
Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse perspectives and value unique human experiences. Respect for all is our North Star. Toyota is proud to have 10+ different Business Partnering Groups across 100 different North American chapter locations that support team members’ efforts to dream, do and grow without questioning that they belong. As a company that has been one of DiversityInc’s Top 50 Companies for Diversity and a member of The Billion Dollar Roundtable supporting minority and woman-owned suppliers for over 10 years, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business.
Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Have a question or need assistance with your application? Check out the How to Apply section of our careers page on Toyota.com or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.