Cadent powers the evolution of TV brand advertising. We provide marketers, agencies, operators, and media owners with data-driven solutions for buying and selling TV advertising. By connecting brands with opportunities across national inventory sources—cable, broadcast, and digital media—our technology improves efficiencies and boosts the results of linear, addressable, and cross-screen campaigns.
As we continue to grow, we’re looking for a ML Engineer Intern to join our Machine Learning Engineering team for Spring 2024. The Intern will have an opportunity to gain hands-on experience by working directly with our teams, not for them.
The Intern will also spend the spring on an individual project customized to their specific skill set which they’ll present to our Tech Leadership team at the end of the program. Details of the projects and timeline will be laid out by supervisors at the beginning of the program.Responsibilities
The Intern will be responsible for fulfilling tasks set out by supervisors from the specific department they’re working in, including but not limited to:
- Use Python, SQL, Shell scripting, and Cloud technologies and other department-specific software to complete day-to-day R&D assignments. *Python experience is required*
- Collaborate effectively with other members of the engineering research team and broader data services group including but not limited to Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Analytics Engineers, Performance Engineers, Software Engineers and Business Intelligence Analysts
- Conduct research and present findings to the MLE team and business stakeholders
- Collaborate with the team in Agile Sprint Planning, demos, seminars, and other team meetings.
- Competitive pay
- College credit (if applicable)
- A senior pursuing a Master’s degree at a college or university majoring in a field closely related to the department they are interning preferably computer science or related field
- Able to commit to a part-time (20 hours per week) work schedule between March 4, 2024 – May 10, 2024.
- Proficient in Python SQL, and Shell scripting, with some knowledge Docker containerization and Cloud data processing technologies
- Background in software engineering and knowledge of statistical concepts
- Excellent verbal and written communicators
- Self-motivated with a desire to learn from a rapidly growing company
- Confident to take initiative and collaborate with teammates
So, if the leading edge of media technology is the place you want to be, please contact us today and let’s start the conversation!Cadent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to supporting all it’s employees when it comes to Inclusion & Diversity. Cadent’s policy is to provide equal opportunity for applicants & employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual identity or orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability or medical condition (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual and reproductive health decisions, genetic information, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), pregnancy, culture ancestry, familial or caregiver status, military status, veteran status, socioeconomic status, unemployment status, status as a victim of domestic violence or any other basis prohibited by law. and will not discriminate against the basis of disability. This commitment is honored when it comes to decisions on hiring, recruiting, training, promotions, compensations, benefits, transfers and terminations.
Cadent is seeking to actively engage with our employees from a wide variety of cultures and to connect with our clients differently. Our workforce has generational diversity that supports greater innovation when we maximize representation of all diversity. Our active employee resource groups promote engagement across all groups of individuals that are represented within the company and externally
Compensation: From $20.00 to $20.00 per hour