As a Principal System Software Engineer, you will be responsible for design and development of the software components of our next generation RISC-V systems. This covers a broad range from embedded and real-time systems to server platform designs, with versatile use cases for complex workloads. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual to work on exciting projects in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Design, develop, and optimize system software for RISC-V-based AI and ML systems.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define software requirements and specifications.
- Collaborate with the broader open-source community on shared solutions and contributions.
- Develop and maintain software stacks, including Operating Systems, drivers, firmware, and libraries, to support our hardware platforms.
- Implement and optimize system software, and contribute to AI/ML workload optimization.
- Participate in the HW/SW co-design and review process for architecture and products designs.
- Troubleshoot and resolve software and system-level issues.
- Develop and maintain software development processes, tools, and methodologies to ensure high-quality code and timely delivery.
- Stay up-to-date and engaged with the latest industry trends and advancements in RISC-V, AI, and ML technologies.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Strong debugging, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and teamwork abilities.
- Proven experience in delivering complex system software products to customers and internal stakeholders.
- 10+ years of professional experience in system software engineering.
- Solid understanding of RISC-V architecture and instruction set is a plus.
- Experience with product development of embedded software and real-time solutions is a plus.
- Strong coding skills in C/C++ and one or more of Python, Rust or Go.
- Familiarity with AI and ML algorithms, frameworks, and libraries.
- Experience with Linux kernel development and device driver programming.
- Experience with UEFI, EDK2/Tianocore and ACPI is a plus.
- Experience with AI accelerators and HW/SW co-design is a plus.
We are open to this role being remote.
Compensation for all engineers at Tenstorrent ranges from $100k - $500k including base and variable compensation targets. Experience, skills, education, background and location all impact the actual offer made.