Fuel50 is growing rapidly, and we are seeking an experienced Machine Learning Operations (ML Ops) Engineer to join our team! As an ML Ops Engineer, you will be developing the Fuel50 SaaS application as part of the in-house development team using a range of technologies. You will be responsible for building, deploying, and maintaining machine learning models in production environments that power our platform. Working closely with data scientists, software engineers, and product managers you will ensure that our production machine-learning models are scalable, reliable, and performant. You will also be responsible for monitoring and troubleshooting models to ensure that they are meeting business requirements. This role requires a strong technical background in machine learning, software engineering, and DevOps.
You will be a champion of ML Ops best practices and provide technical and thought leadership to ensure that we follow industry best practices and develop solutions that are simple, scalable and achieve engineering excellence. Your exceptional communication skills will enable you to articulate challenges effectively to your team and to the wider engineering practice while working synergistically and efficiently in a cross-functional Agile environment with others to achieve shared objectives.
This role will be involved creating a world-class product with involvement in all aspects of the product lifecycle, from gathering requirements, brainstorming ideas, market analysis, and MVP definition, to building an MVP and working with your team to deliver the MVP into production.
- Manage the production machine learning systems that power our platform.
- Build, deploy, and maintain new machine-learning models in production environments.
- Collaborate with data scientists and engineers to deploy and monitor machine learning models.
- Work closely with data scientists and software engineers to ensure scalable, reliable, and performant models.
- Develop and maintain infrastructure for model training, testing, and deployment.
- Create and manage data pipelines to ensure that models have access to high-quality data.
- Implement and maintain automated testing and deployment processes.
- Monitor and troubleshoot system performance and resolve issues as needed.
- Monitor and troubleshoot models to ensure that they are meeting business requirements.
- Implement and maintain continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive projects to completion.
- Willingness to learn and stay up to date with emerging trends and technologies in AI, ML Ops and DevOps.
- Graduate or post-graduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering or DevOps.
- 2+ years of experience in machine learning or data science.
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with cloud computing platforms and tools such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Terraform, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), IBM Cloud and other similar technologies.
- Familiarity with ML libraries such as TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, or Scikit-Learn.
- Strong programming skills in Python, Java, or another relevant language.
- Knowledge of data engineering and pipeline development.
- Excellent problem-solving, communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Understanding ML and data pipelines and management tools such as Apache Airflow or Databricks will be beneficial.
Fuel50 is an international, high-growth tech company. Our award-winning AI talent marketplace platform exists to improve the lives and careers of people everywhere by empowering forward-thinking companies to deploy career growth and talent mobility initiatives to attract and retain talent while boosting engagement and productivity. In other words, we are at the forefront of changing how people work and how organizations empower their people.
Our tech is global and has touched careers across 100+ companies in 13+ languages and 25+ countries. Our clients are some of the biggest brands in their respective industries. And, most importantly, we practice what we preach and believe everyone should be in a job they love (including you!).
Fuel50 is immensely proud of our strong team culture, where our people (or “Fuellies”) come first. Our vision and values are inclusive and transparent and built upon quarterly business objectives that drive our growth, encourage goal setting, and celebrate milestones every step of the way.
The Fuel50 vision has resonated with investors across NZ, Australia, UK, and the USA - supporting our global growth and helping us become the pioneers in this fast-growing talent space.
We are also a socially responsible company. We work with charities that help women and minority groups land on their feet through career coaching and support.
The chance to work in a fast growing organisation that supports global businesses to mobilize their talent and create high employee engagement and outstanding workplaces.
Opportunity to use Fuel50 platform to understand and shape future career pathway.
Be based at our unique and cool HQ in Takapuna, with coffee, snacks, pool, pingpong and pizza!
Chance to work on some innovative People & Culture solutions as part of the People Strategy.
As well as our day-to-day responsibilities, all Fuellies play an integral part in growing our culture with us and ensuring that Fuel50 remains an inspirational and amazing place to work. Some additional benefits are:
- Day off on your birthday, your Fuel50 anniversary and an annual companywide celebration day.
- Refuel days - a chance to take a day off once a quarter to rest, relax and refuel yourself.
- Employee Stock Options Plan (ESOP).
- Flexible working times and remote working (as above) - we're very supportive of school commitments, traveling in off-peak hours, looking after the kids, and all that jazz.
- Investing in you with career and development planning, using our very own Fuel50 software and online Fuellie University.
- A very progressive parental leave policy - get extra flexibility and time off on top of what your local government already mandates.
- Fully subsidised medical insurance with Southern Cross.
What is it like to be a Fuellie?
We know that having the right people with the right attitude and behaviour is a big part of what makes us successful. Living our values is an important part of being successful in this role.
- We have a culture around continuous (but super friendly) feedback and recognition - be part of a family-like team that is working towards a common goal and helping each other every step of the way.
- We have #SuperheroAwards at every quarterly sprint meeting and every weekly team meeting includes spontaneous recognition and shout-outs across the business.
- We'll have your back when you need help - your colleagues want to see you succeed and work hard to help you do so.
- We work hard and deliver amazing results to our clients - when you see our amazing feedback, you'll be proud to be a Fuellie.
If this sounds like you, then please apply. If you’re not sure you're ready or perhaps you don't meet all requirements yet, please apply anyway. We'll review every application that we get.
This role is based in New Zealand, as a result candidates must hold the relevant right to work in NZ i.e. Citizenship or a work visa at time of application.