Senior Embedded Systems Engineer (f/m/d)
Stratio is the World’s Leading Real-time Predictive Fleet Maintenance Platform. The company's proprietary technology combines large-scale processing with the latest machine learning techniques to prevent hundreds of thousands of breakdowns from happening every day, thus saving millions of people from the hassle of public transportation delays, postponed deliveries, or late arrival of essential goods. Stratio’s platform enables zero downtime for 5 of the 10 largest transportation companies in the world and, in 2021, raised an investment of $12 million to boost leadership in predictive fleet maintenance. Fleet operators in Europe, North America, Asia-pacific, and Latin America trust Stratio’s technology to fully leverage the data under the hood to safeguard operations, and keep customers happy. Stratio’s technology has enabled transportation for 1.3 billion people so far.
Your contribute to a #zerodowntimefuture
As a Senior member of the Embedded Systems Team you will have a great responsibility in the development and continuous improvement of Stratio’s internally developed embedded software.
You’ll be joining the Embedded Systems & Hardware team which is responsible for the development of our IoT device, implementing both hardware and firmware architectures, ensuring the performance and integrity of our product.
As Senior Embedded Systems Engineer you will
- Implement and debug C/C++ code independently in complex multithreaded RTOS;
- Perform regular code reviews and offer feedback and suggestions for that code;
- Drive the design of new features, refactors and other code changes with architectural impact;
- Write clean code by applying relevant design patterns and other helpful tools (e.g. single responsibility principle);
- Understand the importance of testing and the principles behind testable code, such as interfaces and other modularity-related concepts;
- Create detailed documentation for the complete firmware lifecycle;
- Improve software development processes, methods, and tools and support their rollout;
- Work alongside the hardware team, focusing on a holistic design approach;
- Working with stakeholders in the organisation to understand requirements and drive the software architecture and design of new features;
- Engage during the functional and software requirements definition;
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of our processes and tools, seeking to improve quality and cost efficiency.
This is what we believe is needed for this role
- Proven solid experience in embedded systems development (C / C++);
- Knowledge of unit testing implementation and CI methodologies;
- Familiarity with version control systems;
- Survey and requirements analysis;
- Debug of embedded systems with RTOS in ARM-based Microcontrollers;
- Fluency in English.
- BSc. or MSc in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or similar field;
- Automotive interest or knowledge and experience in the Automotive industry;
- Knowledge of ISO 26262 standard, Misra C standard, Autosar framework and ASPICE standard;
- Experience in Python programming.
We expect you to
- Be able to work with minimal supervision;
- Mentor and assist junior colleagues on best practices in firmware development;
- Be eager to learn new tools for new problems;
- Be proactive in the search for new solutions for quality increase and cost reduction;
- Comprehend the full scope of a project and make the best suggestions and methods to develop, test, implement, and maintain a project;
- Be available to work occasionally at the Coimbra office for onsite activities.
What we offer
- Health Insurance;
- Fringe Benefits Policy;
- Flexible Work Hours - adjust your schedule to your needs;
- Work Setup - remote, hybrid, onsite - if your job can be done remotely, and you prefer to, you’re free to choose;
- Hardware and software for a full remote setup;
- Monthly All-Hands;
- Quarterly Events to discuss Strategy;
- Autonomy and Ownership Culture;
- Continuous feedback culture;
- Innovation Mindset;
- Career Acceleration.
- Remote / Hybrid / Coimbra / Lisbon
What you can expect from our hiring process
- 1st Interview (1h)
HR and Hiring Manager
We want to get to know you better and navigate through your experience, skills and motivation.
- Technical Interview (1-2h)
Hiring Manager and Engineering Ops and Embedded Systems team members.
Deep dive into your skills and assessment of your technical knowledge.
- Cultural Fit Interview (1h)
HR Manager and Hiring Manager
Validate the cultural fit between you and Stratio and make sure you’re the person we’re looking for to help us build a #zerodowntimefuture.
References may be required at any stage of the recruitment process.
We want inspiring individuals in our teams, where age, race, gender, sexual orientation, politics and religion do not matter, and seek to create a tolerant and open space for everyone. We thrive to provide an inclusive and trustworthy environment.
You can find our Culture Manifesto and more team information here.
Take the road with us!